Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iuangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
    On the pill, brownish discharge, negative.hpt
    I have been on the pill for 7 years now and for the first time I have hardly had a period. I usually get my period the Wednesday after the Sunday when I start taking the placebo pills. This Wednesday I did not start my normal period, instead I have had a brownish discharge for the past 4 days. On Saturday, I took a home pregnancy test and it came up negative. What is this about? I am clockwork with my periods and they are always normal. Could I still be pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Yes, there is a chance you could be pregnant. The pill is not 100% effective birth control. When taking a HPT it is important it be taken with first morning urine. That is when the abundance of hcg (pregnancy hormone) is at it's highest.

However, it may be time for a change in birth control pills. Your best bet would be to make an appointment with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Day 23 and my hpt is negative,please help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my lmp was on the 29th oct; I usually have 28 day cycles. I used aimstick opk and found Iwas going to ovulate on the 11th and we did it on those dates (11,12,13) Did a hpt this morn,dpo 10,and its negative,although the hpt says you can test bet 7-10dpo. Is it conclusive that I haven't...

Brownish discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I am having a brownish discharge. I have been having it off and on for about two weeks. My period should be coming within the next week. I am not presently on birth control but did take the pill about a year ago. What do you think the cause is and should I be concerned. ...

Light brownish color [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: dear all, I am confused relating with a problem that I have been having since last year June. I realised that my period doesn't come any more and I thouht that I was pregnant, but after having many different pregnancy test, they all came back negative. I was tested for infections, which...

3 hpt and 3 urine tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 months late on my period, I have tooken 3 hpt and 3 urine test at the clinic that came back +. I have also tooken 3 blood test that came back -. Is there a possibility that I still can be pregnant and have a - blood test?

How soon can I take a hpt? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello again. Well, last month I was not pregnant but we actually tried this month. Let me know what you think. My husband and I had intercourse on the 17th and 19th (which I believe were my most fertile days?) My next period is suppose to begin on the 4th of December. Now I can not hardly stand...

View more questions Search