Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ticatika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Insubordination is a false acusation
    I was terminated from my job due to subordination to my supervisor and violation of standards of conduct. I never displayed unnaceptable conduct to my supervisor or any member of management and I never violated the company standards... I was a packing operator on the second shift but I requested a change schedule to the morning shift because I started to study and after bringing a proof from my college they approved the change. On January they asked me for another proof and I didn't brought it because I had already brought it once and I'm the only person in this company that's being ask for this type of document. Please notice that I'm doing a manual job and to begin with, the company should not be asking me not even for high school diploma. When the supervisor talked to me about this subject I never disrespected him instead I got yelled at and reprimaned in front of other people for talking to him about it...

I have NEVER been written up before for the whole year I worked there. I was never disciplined even once. I never received any type of warning before the final warning. I don't think I was suppose to be disciplined or fired for this reason because these were unfair accusations.

CAN I FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE COMPANY?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 02:16 PM

You can file a lawsuit against the company, or anyone you wish. You need to talk to a lawyer to discuss your chances of winning. If he thinks its worth fighting he'll take the case, if not he'll tell you that there's nothing he can do.

There is a lot more in play here besides the law... they can afford tons of lawyers, and delay the case for months, sometimes even years. On top of that, they can go crooked and hire false witnesses and such... talk to a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 07:25 PM

Let me see, you provided them information, but the supervisor asked that you bring that proof that you were going to school back ( perhaps they lost it) and you told them no you would not bring it? If you even nicely refused to bring in what you were asked to ( part of the reason they oked the transfer) you told the supervisor "NO" that is insubordination, the only right answer would be yes I will bring it back if it was lost.

Don't see what you can sue for, Normally in the US in most states, you can be fired for any or no reason unless you are union member or have a contract.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ticatika View Post
    IOn January they asked me for another proof and I didn't brought it because I had already brought it once and I'm the only person in this company that's being ask for this type of document.

I see no grounds for a lawsuit and I do believe you were rightfully terminated for insubordination.

As FrChuck said, unless you belong to a Union or have an employment contract it's employment at will. Many, many people are unemployed and I'm sure your employer replaced you with someone who was less difficult to deal with.

Sometimes you have to just keep quiet and comply if you want to remain employed.
    veenasoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2013, 07:38 PM
    I was falsely accused for refusing to attend a specific meeting in another organsiation and was issued with a formal warning in my personal file. I objected to the accusations as there were no meeting that I refused to attend and requested hat the formal warning be removed from my personal file. My employer refused and maintained it despite all the facts I provided them and which they are aware of i.e I never refused to attend a specific meeting and despite the fact that my immediate superior never complained to me about being insubordinate to him. I requested my employer to give me the exact details of the meeting that I purportedly refused to attend i.e date and time of the meeting they are referring to and which according to them I refused to attend and therefore did not attend and the name of my superior to whom I actually conveyed the refusal. It is now more than 10 days and my employee has not responded to give me these details on which they have relied to issue me the warning. I feel orally harassed since the day they sent me that warning as I know that I have never been insubordinate and my superiors also know that. But they were acting in bad faith with intention to tarnish my personal file. What are my legal options?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False accusation? Or false allegation? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife are going through divorce proceedings and things have not exactly been rosey! Her latest supprise was to ring the police this morning to report me for "pushing her over" now obviousley this is classed as assault and I know this But after 8 hours in a cell I was released and...

Terminated for insubordination [ 3 Answers ]

I have been terminated from my job. Reason given, insubordination! I have never been written up for any reason and has only missed 2 days of work. After reviewing the work schedule for the rest of November, I noticed that I was scheduled to work on a day where I was scheduled to work at my other...

Accused of insubordination [ 10 Answers ]

My supervisor accused me of insubordination because I shut a door to loudly after she put her finger to her mouth indicating that I was speaking to loudly. During this repremand she said to me "Whether you like it or not I am your supervisor". I have never once indicated or spoken words to...

View more questions Search