Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beto40z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 11:15 AM
    Replaced thermal fuse and dryer will not heat up
    ii removed thermal fuse and dryer starts up ,now I let it run for awhile and it dosen't heat up! I also checked the heating element and thermal cut off /high limit theramal fuses and they all passed continuity test what can be the issue?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 02:20 PM

Temperature control switch?
    mscreations Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2010, 06:06 PM

I am assuming this is an electric dryer.

You have already said you checked the thermal fuse, as well as most of the other control element. Make sure that the element reads 10 Ohms. It also should not be shorted to the case.

Next I would check to make sure you have the proper power to the unit. The machine will run properly if one leg of the 220 has failed, but will not heat. The only part of the machine that has 220v to it is the heating element.

You can either have an electrician check the outlet, or you can do the following:

Slightly pull the power cord out of the wall socket so you can see the terminals. Carefully touch your probes so you don't cross two terminals together.

Across the two terminals that are in line with each other horizontally, you should measure 240v.
    Across the other terminal and each of the previously checked terminals you should measure 120v.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer- thermal fuse gets blown- burning smell [ 17 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a maytag performa PYE4500AYW dryer. It was working perfect, never had any problems. All of a sudden after a load of towels it won't turn on. No power at all. I check the breaker and even removed the back...

Elite Dryer / Thermal Fuse Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

My kenmore ELITE DRYER has stopped working. Will trouble shoot by replacing THERMAL FUSE. The back PANEL does not seem removable. Is it to be taken off? I have the PANEL and lid loosened, but cannot seem To oen the back. Please advise.

Maytag Dryer Thermal Fuse [ 2 Answers ]

I need the wiring diagram for a Maytag model PYE2000AYW dryer so I can find were the thermal fuse goes?

Replaced maytag Thermal Fuse 2x still doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

We have replaced the Thermal Fuse on my Maytag Dryer on two occasions over the past 90 days. The venting has been cleaned and the hose has been replaced from dryer to wall vent. Is there another problem other than a clogged vent that might be causing this issue. Please help:(

View more questions Search