Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneck39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
    Home incoming water stoppage
    We have lost fresh water incoming pressure in our old house...
    Is it possible to blow air pressure at the meter connection to blow open any obstruction that has clogged our old iron pipes... or run a snake wire into the line to clear a blockage?? tks
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck39 View Post
    is it possible to blow air pressure at the meter connection to blow open any obstruction that has clogged our old iron pipes...or run a snake wire into the line to clear a blockage?????tks
    The answer is no you can't blow air or snake the pressure lines, I hate to tell you at this stage it is time for repiping, good luck.

John
    Tim99 Posts: 9, Reputation: -2

Feb 17, 2010, 06:19 PM

Yep, you're going to be ripping some pipes out. It'll be fun!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 06:21 PM

Have you checked pressure at the meter to be sure valve at member is operating properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Splicing into a incoming lead water pipe [ 11 Answers ]

Greetings all, I have lead pipe entering my house as the main incoming water channel. It has a small leak in the pipe. Is it somehow possible to splice into with some kind of coupling or another method? I need to connect from the incoming lead pipe to the main shut off valve (which is right...

Pressure tank and well pump switch issues, water stoppage is getting annoying [ 9 Answers ]

The well is reportedly 350 feet deep, Franklin pump control rated for 1hp Square D pressure switch Champion bladder tank about the size of a 30 gallon water heater One inch cast iron Inlet from the pump. I suffered from low water pressure for a couple of years, then started messing with this...

Old toilet 2 incoming water lines, no shutoff valve. [ 1 Answers ]

My first order of business after moving into a new house this weekend was to replace the toilet. It's an older house and there are 2 water lines feeding the toilet for a supply. There is no flexible supply line going to the toilet. It seems the only way to put in the new one without problems...

Incoming water in Toilet [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet isn't taking in any water, and when I try to flush it, it is very weak and quick. Even if I fill it manually, it doesn't flush well at all. Help!

Top loading washer: incoming water drains, won't fill [ 4 Answers ]

I have a top loading washer and the last time I put clothes in to wash, the water started "filling" the tub right away, so I went upstairs to bed. In the morning, the water was still "filling". The timer did not turn it off after the timed cycle. There was some water on the floor, but not over 8...

View more questions Search