Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Feb 17, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Need some ideas
    I am looking for some ideas on how I should write my new resume. I recently finished a graduate education in IT. I am looking for a helpdesk or systems administrator position. However, my only employment background is sales, admissions counseling, tutoring,customer service and administrative assistant positions. I am not sure how to write my new resume to be marketable to the IT industry. Can anyone give me some ideas, and/or keywords to use for entry level IT resumes ? Thanks!
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Feb 23, 2010, 08:14 PM

I'mnot an IT guy but suggest you look at what skills other than strictly IT ones you will need in your target jobs. Emphasise in you work history those "other" skills you picked up or used along the way. Things like decision making, interpersonal communications,ablity to plan, etc. are useful pretty much everywhere.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 11:41 PM
    Hi, Kia!

You might want to consider posting your present resume as an attachment here as a Microsoft Word or other type of document format, then doing so would be helpful in assisting you.

If you post it as an attachment, it won't be visible when people do searches for things on the Internet.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anybody got any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I use to love this film when I was younger bu I cnt remember the name :( its abou a girl who goes into a toyshop an gets shrunk down after closing times an tries to figure a way out but a jack in the box takes her and won't let her go . I really want to see it but can't remember the name :( any...

I need ideas [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody got a idea for a rap that is about my life (just to let you know this is the song I am going to use to get noticed).

Any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

Around what age is it when children start to remember their name & age& whatnot?my son has a severe speech delay.he does however know his name and how to say it but when his father or I ask him his name he either completley ignores us or gets mad.any sugge Tions on how to help my son?maybe picture...

Any ideas [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to get a tattoo but have no ideas on what I want I would love a snack or a lizard but have no designs or nothing I want quite a large one but don't know where to have it if there is any like tattoo artists or anyone out there that has any good ideas that are different then get back to me...

View more questions Search