Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tetley2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Abscess recurrence
    I had an abscess on a biscupid tooth due to nerve damage cuased by deep filling. I am abroad so haven't signed up with/visited a Dentist. I took some antibiotics and they worked, but now I am scared the abscess will return before I go home. How long do abscesses usually take to reccur after antibiotic treatment? Is it safe to take another course of antibiotics within a month, just to keep ifection at bay for a while?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Never, ever take an antibiotic unless it is prescribed by a doctor. This can lead to antibiotic resistance. Which means that, if you take one when not needed, and you need one in the future you will be resistant and need one even stronger with more side effects.

The time it will take for the abcess to recurr is different depending on the type of infection it is. It is imperative that you find a dentist and make sure you are on the right course of action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search