Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthonyTrue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Drainge pipe connectedd to water pipe?
    I recently had problem with the washing machine clogging up. We got a professional to look at, poured some draino in it and figured out that the problem was that the drainage pipe was clogged with lint, they couldn't fix it that day and had to come back another day. This problem only occurs during large loads of laundry, small and medium load there is no problem with the drainage pipes. Later that day my wife attempted to wash a medium load and the water was discolored a little at the beginning of the washing cycle. Could this discoloring have anything to do with the drainage pipe clogging up? Could the drainage pipe and the water pipe be connected to cause this to be a problem? Or could this just be dirt in the water pipes leading to the washing machine?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 17, 2010, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Could this discoloring have anything to do with the drainage pipe clogging up? Could the drainage pipe and the water pipe be connected to cause this to be a problem? Or could this just be dirt in the water pipes leading to the washing machine?
    The drainage and the water supply are separated and are not commingled. I suspect some mineral built up on the pipe walls broke loose. How old is your home and what type of pipes do you have? Copper, plastic or galvanized? Back to you, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 09:17 AM

Absolutely not...
    Tim99 Posts: 9, Reputation: -2

Feb 17, 2010, 06:29 PM

Yep, you have two unrelated issues. The drain problem could be as simple as a clog or you may have bigger problems. Do you have your own septic system or are you connected to a city sewer system? The problem could be in that area which causes you to have backup issues with the high water volume from your washing machine. The discoloration in your supply water is not related to your drain problem but is an indication that your city/village has problems that need to be addressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelly shower drain pipe with standing water in pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I smelled an foul odor in my shower drain. I also can see standing water in the shower pipe. Help! Thank you

Water hammering, water arresters, big pipe flowing into small pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a water hammer (I'm guessing) problem in our house. All the pipes are under the house and it is a timber house so each time there is a water hammer noise it is extremely noisy. Basically any tap in the house is making the noise when turning on or off quickly with loud bangs. Cold...

Teflon or Pipe Dope for 1 1/4" Water Pipe [ 7 Answers ]

I am building a project that uses several joints of 1 1/4 " galvanized pipe, including elbows and Tee's. The unit will be plumbed into my 50 psi water system. What is the best way to seal the pipe joints? I have assembled the unit and tested using teflon pipe dope and had several leaks.

Hot water pipe touching fire sprinker pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I discovered why the water pressure in my fire prinkler system kept rising. It's because the hot water pipe is right up against the sprinkler pipe causing it to heat which then increases the pressure. Now can I wrap the pipe with insulation. Would this be a good fix? If so, should I wrap the hot...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

View more questions Search