Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thicko2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Is the stock oil cooler failure covered under the 100k warranty Ford 6.0PS
    I have a 2005 ford 6.0PSD, is the oil cooler failure and subsequent EGR replacement covered under the 100K warranty?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 08:06 AM

I would think so. Give your local Ford truck dealer a call. They will know and should welcome the business.
    thicko2009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    I would think so. Give your local Ford truck dealer a call. They will know and should welcome the business.
    You were right grease monkey,they did take care of it, under warranty. Should I be concerned about the head gaskets after this volitile mixture was introduced into every nook and cranny in the engine?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 12:50 PM

Probably not. Start using full-synthetic HDDO in your PSD:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1977241

The margin of safety is much higher, far fewer EGR and turbo problems, and better performance and longevity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine oil mixed with coolant after oil seal ring failure what next? [ 0 Answers ]

OK MY 97 jetta was spewing oil from above the filter cranked the car and the oil light came on. Checked the oil level and discovered antifreeze mixed in the oil. Is it a blown head or possible that d/t oil cooler o-ring failure that it leaked into the engine? Should I flush out oil and change...

Engine oil cooler 7.3 diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one help me with rebuilding the engine oil cooler on a 1992 F350 7.3 diesel. I'am getting engine oil in the coolant. Already done head gaskets .

Oil cooler leak Ford f250 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 ford F250 this is the third time I have trouble with oil cooler. But I cannot tell if unit is bad or just rings or seals. How can I check for place of oil leaK ?

Ford 6.0 oil cooler ( To Be, or not To Be ? [ 0 Answers ]

I own a 2004 Ford F-350 with a 6.0 powerstroke diesel. I recently got oil in my water. After further investigation I found the oil cooler was leaking by. Now for the question. I am theorizing that because you can buy an EGR cooler that has the water port bypass to stop water from entering the oil...

View more questions Search