Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 06:47 AM
    Should I unsubcribe
    I have have been on this forum nealry two months, maybe longer. I have enjoyed it very much.. I'm not an expert on anthing. I do know about children and I know about spousal abuse from my first marriage. I'm not a world traveler. I worked for many years in a blue collor government job. I worked as as a subsiitute teacher for many years. My question is since there are so many educated people who know a lot more than I do, do you all think I can still be an asset in this forum?
    I am a christian , a Baptist and I think in some of my comments I have hurt people by answering them by saying things which are not very Christ like. Also it is taking me a while to get use to the quote user. I really value your opinion and I need your honesty. This forum has been a great outlet for me. I miss my children being home although they have their own lives and they call every two or three days. We were and still are very close to our children.. My grandchildren are here a lot and that is a blessing. Thank you for listening.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 06:53 AM

Everyone has something to contribute, You can always ask, and you can always give your opinion.
    You likely have answers to something's.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Kity, you are a wonderful addition to the site. It takes time to get used to the features. We all were beginners once like you. You have every right to be here and add your experiences. I, for one, have enjoyed having you around.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Everyone has something to contribute, You can always ask, and you can always give your opinion.
    You likely have answers to something
    Thank you so much
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Kity, you are a wonderful addition to the site. It takes time to get used to the features. We all were beginners once like you. You have every right to be here and add your experiences. I, for one, have enjoyed having you around.
    J you are so kind. I appreciate you so much.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:39 AM
    OK, that's it... someone show her the door... newbie does not know how to use the buttons.

Cause for getting brought out back of the wood shed.

[quote=Kitkat22;2233470]
    You likely have answers to somethings.
    [Thank you so much/QUOTE]
    Only kidding.

I been here five years and still don't know what all the buttons do.

Stick around, and give your two cents whenever you feel like it, be ready to get change back.

Don't worry, you will be fine with J9 at yourback.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:41 AM

Have no doubts, this is a public forum,not just for people who have a PHD in some field or another,, especially me... LOL:p

Answering from your experiences,from your heart, truthfully and without contempt, that's all anyone could ask.

I see by your join date and how many posts you have added, you are a great contributor and should feel good for what you do here.

Don't feel bad for a few seemingly harsh comments,(we all have bad days/moments):p,(just remember the edit feature... lol),even the most compassionate answers can be misinterpreted as harsh or offensive, just do what you do,be yourself and this can really be a wonderful site.. :)
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:42 AM
    [QUOTE=tkrussell;2233494]OK, thats it... someone show her the door.....newbie does not know how to use the buttons.

Cause for getting brought out back of the wood shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post

Only kidding.

I been here five years and still don't know what all the buttons do.

Stick around, and give your two cents whenever you feel like it, be ready to get change back.

Don't worry, you will be fine with J9 at yourback.
    Thank you! I needed that! I appreciate you.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Have no doubts,,this is a public forum,not just for people who have a PHD in some field or another,,,especially me...LOL:p

Answering from your experiences,from your heart,,truthfully and without contempt,,that's all anyone could ask.

I see by your join date and how many posts you have added,,you are a great contributor and should feel good for what you do here.

Don't feel bad for a few seemingly harsh comments,(we all have bad days/moments):p,(just remember the edit feature...lol),even the most compassionate answers can be misinterpreted as harsh or offensive,,just do what you do,be yourself and this can really be a wonderful site..:)
    Thank you , gosh I needed
    To hear these comments.LOL
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:46 AM
    You likely have answers to somethings.
    Thank you so much.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 03:48 PM

To be honest I haven't seen many of your posts kitkat but everyone has something to offer, even if it's is just comforting someone going through a hard time on the site.

I may be designated as a "dogs expert" but I quite often pop my head into other forums and give my input where I can.
    I remember a while back I found a movie for someone... it's not my area of expertise but I had happened to have just watched that movie and remembered the title... the person who wanted to know what it was was very grateful because it had been bugging them for ages!

It doesn't matter if you help 1000 people or just 1 at least you are helping :)
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 03:50 PM

Kity! NOOOOO

WE LOVE YOU!

You honestly are a great addition to our family! *hug*
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
    [QUOTE=shazamataz;2234317]To be honest I haven't seen many of your posts kitkat but everyone has something to offer, even if it's is just comforting someone going through a hard time on the site.

I may be designated as a "dogs expert" but I quite often pop my head into other forums and give my input where I can.
    I remember a while back I found a movie for someone... it's not my area of expertise but I had happened to have just watched that movie and remembered the title... the person who wanted to know what it was was very grateful because it had been bugging them for ages!

It doesn't matter if you help 1000 people or just 1 at least you are helping :)

[/Thank you so much.QUOTE]
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 03:59 PM
    [QUOTE=xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx;2234322]Kity! NOOOOO

WE LOVE YOU!

You honestly are a great addition to our family! *hug*

[/ OUOTE]Thank you EMOP. You are so sweet and I love all you!
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 04:06 PM

Kity, you help out here. Everyone has bad days. But what Shaz said, even if it's one person, it still is helping
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 04:17 PM

Thank you all so much! I think I'm just having one of those very blue, blue days. I don't have them a lot but you all have really helped. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 04:18 PM

No problem Kity! I know how it is, I have blue moments, often. Sort of why I'm called emo... haha
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Kity, I am one that you bashed. Do I seem upset to you? Nah, quite the opposite actually. We all have bad/blue days and I understand that. In my opinion you are a great addition to the site. It just takes a while to learn the site and get to know each personality. You've already made some friends here, including me, and we would miss you if you left.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 04:50 PM

You know not everyone here is an expert. But then again experience has taught us more then most experts especially on the receiving end. The main thing you have to get used to is that when your honest and give an opinion or you quote the law as it applies not everyone is going to agree. Or give you a gold star for your answer. But so long as you follow the rules and you don't hijack a thread too often you are in good company. Now when it comes to spell checking your on your own lol.

Don't beat yourself up. Keep at it and you might find a passion and become an expert and not even know it :)
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Kity, I am one that you bashed. Do I seem upset to you? Nah, quite the opposite actually. We all have bad/blue days and I understand that. IMHO you are a great addition to the site. It just takes a while to learn the site and get to know each personality. You've already made some friends here, including me, and we would miss you if you left.
    I really am glad we are friends and I appreciate your forgiveness. I didn't know what a reddie was or a greenie. I still don't know what a sticky or an avitar is (Except the movie). I mean sometimes I feel so inept. I have always been so sure of myself and outspoken and I have always been one to say what I think. I guess I feel bad because I hate hurting peoples feelings. I don't mean too, but sometimes when a person keeps posting the same things over and over and over and you keep giving them the advice you know they need, then they get ticked and say something really ugly. I mean I didn't even know you and I reacted in a mean way and you were only answering a question I had asked. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for your friendship. Gosh you are so nice and I wish I could take back the reddie.Could I

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search