Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    You know not everyone here is an expert. But then again experience has taught us more then most experts especially on the recieving end. The main thing you have to get used to is that when your honest and give an opinion or you quote the law as it applies not everyone is going to agree. Or give you a gold star for your answer. But so long as you follow the rules and you dont hijack a thread too often you are in good company. Now when it comes to spell checking your on your own lol.

Dont beat yourself up. Keep at it and you might find a passion and become an expert and not even know it :)
    Thanks ! I appreciate your response.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    I didn't know what a reddie was or a greenie. I still don't know what a sticy or an avitar is (Except the movie).

Just FYI: a sticky is a permanent note that is usually posted at the top of the forums. They look a little different then the normal messages.

An avitar is the picture below or associated with a name. Like that purple square below my name. That is an avatar.

If you don't know NEVER be afraid to ask your amongst friends. And to add to the confusion wait till you try to decypher chat speak lol.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 05:20 PM
    [QUOTE=califdadof3;2234454]Just FYI: a sticky is a permanent note that is usually posted at the top of the forums. They look a little different then the normal messages.

An avitar is the picture below or associated with a name. Like that purple square below my name. That is an avatar.

If you don't know NEVER be afraid to ask your amongst friends. And to add to the confusion wait till you try to decypher chat speak lol.[

QUOTE]Wow! I have finally found out what a sticky is. Thanks Califi
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 05:28 PM

Lol. Forgot to put a link in for you. They say sticky on the left. Look at the top few posts. A lot of times they have rules for that forum.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 06:02 PM
    [QUOTE=califdadof3;2234477]lol. Forgot to put a link in for you. They say sticky on the left. Look at the top few posts. A lot of times they have rules for that forum.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/[

:)/QUOTE]Thanks so much:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 06:46 PM

And I bet I have gotten more reddies over the years total, than some people have total posts, I care less if people "like" my posts, I often tell them what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

But guess what, I never look at my ratings, don't care if they give a green or red, that is their issues, not mine, I don't go back and look at what people think of my posts
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 07:07 PM

KIt you are a nice, pleasant person and an asset to the desk.

You are to permitted to leave... (period). :)
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And I bet I have gotten more reddies over the years total, than some people have total posts, I care less if people "like" my posts, I often tell them what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.

But guess what, I never look at my ratings, don't care if they give a green or red, that is thier issues, not mine, I don't go back and look at what people think of my posts
    Thaanks Fr. I always enjoy your answers very much. I think you are a really honest,straight forward person.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    KIt you are a nice, pleasant person and an asset to the desk.

You are to permitted to leave......(period). :)
    Thank you.. I do love this forum. I'm going to stay a little longer.
    I guess everyone feels a little unnessacery sometimes. Thanks Again.
    Business Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 07:54 PM

You are to permitted to leave... (period).
    :confused::confused: Actually I typed "You are NOT permitted to leave... " Darn gremlins !
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    :confused::confused: Actually I typed "You are NOT permitted to leave....." Darn gremlins !

I am so touched by all of your messages I could cry! Thank You Stringer!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 07:07 AM

I like your answers! And I like that you give me greenies all the time :D
    So, please stay, I am new too and I NEVER use the quote user button, which I am sure leads to confusion :S
    But I like helping when I can!
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I like your answers! And I like that you give me greenies all the time :D
    So, please stay, I am new too and I NEVER use the quote user button, which I am sure leads to confusion :S
    But I like helping when I can!
    Aurora_Bell , Your answers are always right on the money! I appreciate you! I'm just having a couple of bad days. I'm happy with the responses
    I think maybe I'm not doing too bad on this forum after all. Hugs:):):)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:42 PM
    It's not even been 2 months - you got to give it time! The thing about this forum is to provide advice in the areas that you believe you can contribute, and not be too sensitive about other people's responses.

Courtesy towards other posters is essential, but we all have made mistakes with the reddies and greenies to begin with... hell, I got a whole stack of my posts deleted because I gave someone a reddie and then wanted to argue about it.

You learn as you go along and, I think, you don't invest too strongly in believing you're 'right' in certain Forums. Everyone has a point of view and in the end it's up to the OP to decide what they want to do.

Keep contributing and give it time. I've found that you actually end up learning as much if not more than you contribute!
    Business Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    It's not even been 2 months - ya gotta give it time! The thing about this forum is to provide advice in the areas that you believe you can contribute, and not be too sensitive about other people's responses.

Courtesy towards other posters is essential, but we all have made mistakes with the reddies and greenies to begin with ... hell, i got a whole stack of my posts deleted because I gave someone a reddie and then wanted to argue about it.

You learn as you go along and, I think, you don't invest too strongly in believing you're 'right' in certain Forums. Everyone has a point of view and in the end it's up to the OP to decide what they want to do.

Keep contributing and give it time. I've found that you actually end up learning as much if not more than you contribute!
    Good post Gemini, I agree.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    It's not even been 2 months - ya gotta give it time! The thing about this forum is to provide advice in the areas that you believe you can contribute, and not be too sensitive about other people's responses.

Courtesy towards other posters is essential, but we all have made mistakes with the reddies and greenies to begin with ... hell, i got a whole stack of my posts deleted because I gave someone a reddie and then wanted to argue about it.

Thanks Gemini.. I really love this forum and I am learning slowly. I think sometimes I feel like crying when I see some of these post about little kids who are living with an abusive parent or someone who wants you to give them the advice they want to hear, not what you tell them. It helps me to know I may contribute just a little to help some kid who is being bullied or abused . Thanks I appreciate you so much.
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Thanks Gemini..I really love this forum and I am learning slowly. I think sometimes I feel like crying when I see some of these post about little kids who are living with an abusive parent or someone who wants you to give them the advice they want to hear, not what you tell them. It helps me to know I may contribute just a little to help some kid who is being bullied or abused . Thanks I appreciate you so much.
    Just keep in mind along with the kleenex bring toilet paper because a lot of posters are full of it. Watch for troll alerts.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:27 PM

Kitkat22 please stay in this little club, you can never tell it is possible that some day it will be one of you comments that stops a despondent teenager form taking their own life. So you just keep posting and speak from your heart.

You said that you had answered questions with answers that weren't very Christ like. If that bothers you then just don't respond to those questions.

I hope to see your name a lot.
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Just keep in mind along with the kleenex bring toilet paper because alot of posters are full of it. Watch for troll alerts.
    I am now sitting here laughing. That is so funny! Gosh you've made my night! What's a troll alert?
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    Kitkat22 please stay in this little club, you can never tell it is possible that some day it will be one of you comments that stops a despondent teenager form taking their own life. So you just keep posting and speak from your heart.

You said that you had answered questions with answers that weren't very Christ like. If that bothers you then just don't respond to those questions.

I hope to see your name a lot.
    You have touched my heart! Thanks:):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search