Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisaway Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Coleman gas furnace trouble
    Coleman gas funace, model #7680C856 for mobile home worked great last year but since cold season hit, can't keep home warm (especially at night where it has been as low as 50 degrees). Thought it might be the thermostat so replaced that with new one but same thing. Thermostat clicks, burners light, blower doesn't activate for about five minutes then runs about 30-60 seconds and shuts off. Heater will kick back on about 15 min. later but same thing over and over. Tried shorting upper and lower limit switches - one shut the gas off when shorted - the other lit the burner. Please, please help if you can. Currently using one itty bitty electric space heater to heat me and kids. Thanks if you have any suggestions!!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Are you sure that is the model number not the serial number. What kind of ignition does it have, standing pilot, hot surface ignition. Does it have a PC board?
    glenb50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 27, 2006, 10:52 AM
    On the fan housing is a switch with a lever which hangs down into the housing. This is called a sail switch. When the thermostat turns on the fan starts and the air flow will trip this switch on which inturn will turn the heat supply on. These offen become dirty. Check with a ohmn meter and clean or replace
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 12:30 PM
    If the thermostat has a fan auto/on switch, try switching it to on and see if the furnace will stay on. Keep you warm until you get back with the info Northern Heat asked for.
    JoyDen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
    I live in a trailer, have a Coleman, not sure ofmodel number. Everything to heat and blow like it should, however when furnace shuts off after reaching temperature, it gets cold and feels outdoor air is coming from hot air vents. No cold air returns. Is something suppose to close to prevent outdoor air from coming in when no longer needed to warm trailer? Joy
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Comment on JoyDen's post
    Ductwork under trailer and/or insulation could be damaged causing the cold air problem. Yes, there is no cold air return, it is actually the top door of the furnace where the filter goes.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2011, 02:25 PM
    Comment on glenb50's post
    Sail switches are very rarely used in coleman furnaces. It is also unclear if this is a mobile home furnace or residential home, they have made both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 nights my furnace has been blowing out cold air. I have a furnace which is equipped with an ignition device which automatically lights the piolet. I did everything from cutting off the gas valve and power to furnace. When I restarted everything back up, the furnace came on but no air...

Electric Coleman Mobile home furnace [ 6 Answers ]

The blower fan keeps running and will stop until the breaker is shut off for a while. It may run fine through its complete cycles for a day or two, but will do it again! The furnace hasn't been used for about 4 years. What needs fixed or replaced, and where do I find these parts? The trailer was...

Coleman Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Burner will not stay light. Fan comes on, ign. Box activates, ign. Comes on, gas sol. Opens, Flame for 2-3 sec. ign. Box de-activates and drops gas sol. Ignitor after hot reads 40 ohms, cooling off as high as 170 ohm. Replaced: Ignitor box Gas sol. Blower PC Furnace was flooded with...

Coleman Furnace Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I shut off furnace last spring by shutting off gas and pulling breaker. Turn the breaker back on and the blower runs with the thermo turned to off. I've tried to fire up furnace anyhow but it won't start. Only way to shut blower off is by turning off breaker. Was working fine the last time I had it...

View more questions Search