Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaun10077 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 05:20 AM
    Insurance claim
    Hello.. during the 2007 floods in hull a few houses down our street where flooded including our next door neighbour but our house was OK.
    I have just started to notice the walls bubbling in our house and we may have signs of secondary flooding.
    At the time we where insured with the AA insurance and when that policy ended we moved companies,after our new policy ended we went back to the AA insurance who we are still with now.. would I be able to make a claim off the AA who was our insurers at the time of the floods and is our current insurer any help would be much appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2010, 05:24 AM

Unless you actually had "flood" insurance your policy will not help you. Floods are specificlly not covered in all home owners policies, even "all peril" it is a specific coverage that has to be purchased separate.

But you can talk to the original company assuming you had flood coverage at the time of the flood, you will need an inspection and estimate on repair with a licensed contractor who will prove damage was because of the flood.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 08:12 AM

As Chuck said, unless you specifically had a flood policy, you have no recourse. Also, it's very unlikely that they would allow you to file a claim so long after- even if you did have a flood policy at the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claim if insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning to take a term plan from a private insurance company. For this I have to pay rs. 14000 for 25,00,000 Sum Assured. Would you suggest me that if any claim occurs, can insurance company deny to pay the claim if yes . Why? Is there any rule that if a policy inforce for at least five...

Need suggestions about the insurance claim [ 4 Answers ]

I own a condo ( for about an year now) and live on the second floor. Three months back, the lady living on the ground floor complained that there was water in her ceiling, where our kitchen is. She thought that it was due to any leakage or damage in our kitchen, but when the plumber came to look...

Getting insurance claim [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a car accident when I was 18 and signed a paper to get 65,00 dollars when I am 40 years old. I am 24 years old now and need money now how can I get the money? Would I loss a lot if I get it now?

Car insurance claim [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have a car accident and the insurance from the driver, who cause the accident, send me a claim number and contact phone number but when I try to call them always I connected to answering machine. I need disparately any advise that tell me what to do. What about hiring an attorney to...

Insurance claim [ 8 Answers ]

Home was loss in a fire, the contractor say it will cost 102,068.60 to repair we want to demolish and take a cash settlement. The insurance is more then what the thouse is worth. We bought the house for half the repair cost, how would the insurance company handle this?

View more questions Search