Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyneurotic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 04:56 AM
    INTENSELY itchy throat and ears
    I've read loads of cases of itchy throats and ears in together, but mine is slightly different. Please let me know if you have the same:

I get this furious burning of the upper palate and back of the throat where I have to make this "kkkkklllskhkh" grunt or frog ribbit to ease the itch. I also have to prod my ears and almost burst the drums to stop the itching. On top of this I get a raw patch appear on my tongue, which lasts about a week and then disappears.
    After a violent about of grunting, I sometimes spit blood. Obviously, this sends me into a blind panic and is no good for my nerves.

My doctor gave me steroids and told me I had 'geographical tongue', which he only worked out because he googled it in front of me! I can't help thinking the tongue and throat all links somehow. The steroids were rubbish and the itching is STILL there. Anyone have any ideas? P.S. It's not dairy.
    happyneurotic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 04:57 AM

I forgot to say - does anyone think this might be related to washing powder?
    ivaciousjewell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:17 PM

HI, I have had these symptoms because I suffer from Candida Albicans. Look this up . It is an overgrowth of yeast. Do you eat a lot of sugar?
    jhonjhon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Comment on ivaciousjewell's post
    Yes why?
    gingercaller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Its an allergic reaction mine is due to lots of different allergies including onion powders, garlic, horseradish, wood dust, etc etc
    The reaction usually follows a period sensitivity such as a cold .It does subside but if you are allergic to animals etc. the source of the sensitivity it will not ease. The only thing I have found to ease the condition is to garggle with strong salt waterI sympathise the condition is enough to drive you mad!!
    diamondgeezer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I get hay fever and rhinitis, recently I have had irritation in my ears and a tickle at the back of my throat. Its been driving me nuts. I eventually decided to completely stop poking around in my ears and to put lots of olive oil in them, so it trickles right to the ear drum, repeated a few times a day.. I am glad to say its really calmed down. I now actually think the sore throat was because of something going on in my ears.; although that seems counter intuitive; it makes sense from what I am finding on line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrible Itchy Inner Ears and Throat as Well [ 1 Answers ]

Have itchy inner ears and have been using Q-tips to ease the itching, but it doesn't seem to help. My throat also itches after using Q-tips as well. What can I use? Someone suggested Honey to take. Waiting for an answer. Bicycleman72

Ears and throat [ 1 Answers ]

Itchy ears and throat

Itchy Ears [ 5 Answers ]

My dog itches here ears all the time. One day I stuck a Q-tip in there to see what was going on and a black smelly build up was in there what was it?

Itchy ears [ 2 Answers ]

My little Chu.Dog has itchy ears and nothing seems to help

View more questions Search