Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkeer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Cracks in Garage
    My apologies, the original message was not very helpful. After heavy rainfall, we noticed approximately 1/8" cracks in the floor of the garage. These radiating out from a point near the front center of the garage (away from where cars are parked) and extend to each wall. The cracks appear to be approximately 1/8" deep as well. This is split level construction - the garage is located at ground level and a slab foundation was used. I have not noticed drywall cracking or any tightening of doors or windows.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 25, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Please understand I am not a contractor but I would think any contractor reading your question would want to know 1) is the garage basically built into the ground or is it above ground? 2) of what material are the walls made of, i.e. concrete block ? etc. 3) Is the crack (or cracks noticeable on both the inside and outside of the garage.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 27, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Are there any control joints in the slab? These are joints purposely cut with a saw so when the slab cures it cracks in the joint not along the surface of the slab.
    With out seeing the cracks, they don't sound like they are anything to be concerned about.
    Are these cracks pretty straight or due they squiggle (is this a word? LOL) across the floor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cracks in Fiberglass Bathtub! [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a good product or method to repair a small 4 inch hairline crack in a fiberglass tub. Thanks, Pete

Concrete cracks [ 1 Answers ]

I have cracks in a side path I poured at my home. Is it possible for shrinkage cracks to look like settlement cracks? I compacted all the subgrade first, and took every precaution to ensure I did not get settlement cracks, i.e.. Adequate depth to reinforcing and not a slumpy concrete, but I still...

Cracks in Asphalt [ 3 Answers ]

My driveway was asphalt paved about 15 years ago, and never resealed. It is now starting to crack in places, ant hills coming through, etc. Is it too late to use a sealer now, and do I need to call a company to come and put another layer on, or are there available products to seal old driveways...

Cracks in brick [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new homeowner and have a concern about some cracks I have seen in our bricks. We have a split foyer home so the top half of the house is siding and the bottom half is brick. I have noticed that several bricks have a small hairline crack down the middle. The crack is only in an individual...

Cracks In Walls [ 5 Answers ]

I been noticing in my drywall long cracks can someone tell me what can that be.

View more questions Search