Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindi790 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Electrical issue in 2007 chevy venture?
    Over the summer my passenger side window quit going up intermitently, then it quit going up all together in the rain. Now it won't go down at all, I did replace the switch that did not make any difference. Now the drivers window I noticed is starting to do the same thing. I also noticed that the overhead console flickers on occasion now too. I am thinking that it is an electrical issue. I was talking to a friend and he told me that it might be a computer that I can get used for around 60.00-100.00 but he did not have time to diagnose. Does this sound right to anyone, and do you know what this computer could be. I really don't want to take it to a dealer so that I can get a bill for 300.00 to diagnose for a 20.00 part like on my last issue with my transmission. That one is resolved. Thanks in advance for any help on this one. I am desperate at this point, I am in MI and it's coooold out there!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 05:08 PM

You need a Meter, not a Computer, follow the power, If full voltage is making it to motor and motor is not working, the motor/regulator is bad.

Feb 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
    ooooook, that sounds like the hubby and brother dept, you lost me at meter. But I don't think it is the motor due to the flicker and the randomness of the drivers side window. Almost like the other side is catching the same thing, like a cold. But it could be! I will forward this to the guys, thanks
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 05:46 PM

Could be as simple as a loose connector if intermiddent like that?
    Applying power to Motor wires can make it go up or down, bypassing any other problems.

Feb 16, 2010, 06:52 PM
    But on the pass side it completely quit working and now the drivers side has caught it too, and the overhead console. Where would I look for the connection(s) too see if they are loose or bad?
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2010, 06:10 AM

Look through these:
    power window testing - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical issues with a Chevy venture? [ 17 Answers ]

OK, so the more answers I get to my previous 2 posts, the more I am convinced there is some major electrical issues with my 2001 Chevy venture. Here is a list of all the little problems that have been coming up recently: 1. On really cold days, if you turn on the left turn signal, the "service...

What's wrong with my Chevy Venture [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a starting issue with my 2001 Chevy Venture. The van will start up fine about 2-4 times then it won't the next time. I drive it to the store and come out and it won't start. I can wait a hour or so and it will start right up. When it won't start its like it just won't turn over. I...

Chevy Venture signals/wipers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having problems with my 98 Venture's turn signals/hazards and wipers. The signal and flashers will periodically stop working for awhile, then start again after the car is turned off. The wipers only operate in the 'fast' setting. Could these all be interconnected because of the controls...

2000 chevy venture [ 1 Answers ]

Why do my tail lights just the brake lights keep burning out?

View more questions Search