Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ismsguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 04:59 PM
    How to start the tiffin service in USA
    I want to start a Indian food tiffin service in USA. Would you please provide me the details rules and regulations that I need to follow. I am starting this from base so thinking of very few customers at very selected locations.
    Later on I might think of going to different cities.

Thank You!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 05:06 PM

I had to look it up. I didn't know what tiffin service was.

You would be suject to any other food service like pizza business would be. You have to hire drivers and have insurance and also face inspections from the health department.
    ismsguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am talking about home-made fresh delicious indian food service in Minnesota, USA. Since I have started on small scale and doesn't have proper infrastructure.
    I am starting this business from home kitchen. May be I can get myself certified for NRFSP or any other certification.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:14 PM

If you are selling to the public, even a home kitchen will be required in most areas ( all I know of) to be inspected and pass county health department certifications. This will require specific rules for dish washing, and water temp, and other sanitation rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to start a tiffin service or packaged food service in punjab mkt [ 2 Answers ]

For tiffin or packaged food service What should be My target population is 350 tiffins 1) capital investment 2) manpower requirement 3) location and space availbility 4) marketing statergy 5) implementation process

To start tiffin service delhi [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to start a low investment business from home, I am a house wife. So, can you give me some ideas.

Tiffin service from home [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has exceptional talent in cookery.For years she has wasted her talent but now we all want her to utilize it... she wants to start with tiffin service from home... but the problem is that we donot have any contacts in offices or PGs requiring tiffin service... how can we start.?. is there...

How Do I Start a Tiffin Service? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start a tiffin services in Lajpat nagar Delhi so tell me how should I go about it?

Tiffin service [ 1 Answers ]

How can I start my own home made tiffin service

View more questions Search