Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryababe24 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 02:26 PM
    Hello,

I have been using the natural match hair dye for the past yr using color 8w golden blond. I have never had a problem with this. My natural hair color is a dirty blond. I usually just touch up my roots but my mom put it on the roots and my whole head since she said the color was fading... well...

The underneath is a lot darker! My friends sister is a beautician and sh said to use Prell... well I have and I'm not sure if its fixed or not. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to strip my hair or go to a salon as I have a bad experiences.

I will show a before and after picture.

Before:

After:

How can I get my hair to back how it was?

My mom told me to wait 2 weeks until I come home for xmas break in NJ to get it fixed but I don't like it at all..

Nov 25, 2006, 09:41 PM
    I'm going to a salon tom. To see if they can fix it.. if I want ym hair like the before picture.. wha should I tell them to do to my hair
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

Nov 25, 2006, 11:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryababe24
    Hello,

I have been using the natural match hair dye for the past yr using color 8w golden blond. I have never had a problem with this. my natural hair color is a dirty blond. I usually just touch up my roots but my mom put it on the roots and my whole head since she said the color was fading....well...

the underneath is a lot darker! My friends sister is a beautician and sh said to use Prell...well I have and im not sure if its fixed or not. Does anyone have any suggestions? i do not want to strip my hair or go to a salon as I have a bad experiences.

I will show a b4 and after picture.

Before:

After:

How can I get my hair to back how it was?!

My mom told me to wait 2 weeks until I come home for xmas break in NJ to get it fixed but i dont like it at all..
    Hi am a hair stylist and I know you don't want to go to a salon but now that you have your hair darker the only way to fix it is bleach. In a drugstore product the highest lightening (developing) sold is 20% and that is not enough to lighten your hair the way you want it- ever! This helps us as stylists, and protects you from your hair falling out from harsh chemicals! So I suggest using a lighter product until it lightens but use dishsoap to pre lighten before and see if that works. Hopefully your hair will get lighter. Or go to a salon and show them a picture of what you want. The only way you will be unhappy is if you ask the stylist for a color far from your own natural one. So try to stay within 2-3 shades lighter only and you will be very happy!

Nov 26, 2006, 08:04 AM
    What should I tell them to do if they cannot fix it to how it was.. I don't like any of it now.. its red on top.. my natural color is a light dirty blond... should I tell them to go to that?? Thanks!!
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

Nov 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
    I say go darker and add highlights, they can fill the red with a gold before they put in your darker color. A little bit darker for fall with light hilights still looks good just ask for natural looking highlights, not chunky. I have naturally very light blonde hair and I hilight it and add dark almost chocolate to my hair and I'm still a blonde overall!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair way too dark! [ 1 Answers ]

I had gone to a salon to have highlights put in my hair. I have naturally black hair and had gone for a light brown colour. It looked OK, but after a few washed had gotten really light, almost blonde, so I decided to darken it myself. I went out and bought a perminant darker brown dye. It turned my...

Hair too dark [ 1 Answers ]

I've been using Natural Instincts for quite some time. The shade was getting to red for me so I wanted to go back to brown. Used a 'Tweed' shade & ended up way too dark. It's a semi-permanent color but I hate it! It's too flat & drab. I'm 52 years old and it's too aging to have it this dark. I...

I have naturally medium brown hair and the other day I decided for the first time to dye my hair. I used a midnight black dye that is semi-permanent and says will wash out in 28 days. After I dyed my hair I realized I hated it and saw that if you already had dark hair it won't wah out in 28 days. I...

I have been reading this great advice and had some wuestions of my own. I went to the same lady to do my hair previously and it turned out nice, but as the dark faded I felt the highlights she put into it became too much of a comtrast... blonde with brown, just not my look. So I went to her on...

View more questions Search