Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HECTOR CAROL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 11:08 AM
    Fire taping drywall
    How is it done
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2010, 06:35 PM

Apply drywall mud on seams and inside corners apply paper tape over the mud wipe smooth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Taping a sheet rocked garage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, The guy I hired to sheetrock the addition we are building did what he called fire taping the walls in the garage. I have searched and searched to find the proper steps to fire tape a garage to no avail. What I need to find out is if what he did was correct. He taped the seams and...

Plaster and Fire rated drywall [ 2 Answers ]

I understand plaster board such as blue board is used when plastering walls instead of traditional taping/mudding of the seams, but can you plaster on fire rated drywall. I currently have the fire rated drywall in my garage due to code and am looking at just having my garage plastered.

Taping drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I bought self-adhesive tape for the drywall I pt up and I was wondering, since the tape is self-adhesive, if I needed to put a layer of joint compound under the tape or if it was OK to place the tape directly on the wall?

Drywall taping and mudding [ 6 Answers ]

My contractor hung the drywall leaving wide gaps between sheets, some I'll have to replace but can I tape and mud gaps that are 1/4" or less than 1/2" without it cracking later? This is in 2 room. Thank you.

View more questions Search