Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roofer01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Suing an insurance company
    I was involved in an auto accident. The other party pleaded guilty to the offense. Their insurance company refuses to admit to the damage, saying their insured failed to cooperate. Latter they came back and said they would pay a rediculusly low amount for the totaled vehicle but refused to pay any medical, lost wages, or pain and suffering. This occurred in a state where there is mandatory insurance. My medical, and lost wages exceed the $20,000 of state mandated insurance. I Sued the other party but they failed to appear and I was granted a default judgment. Their insurance still refuses to pay. Can I sue their insurance directly for the state mandated limit.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 07:10 PM

Get an attorney.

That state minimum is $20,000- is that for bodily injury or property damage? The limits may different for each.

Again, get an attorney to help you so that you can fully recover your losses.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 07:34 PM

Have you contacted the state department of Insurance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suing insurance co. After car accident? [ 18 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident where my SUV was hit from behind. Basically I was stopped behind two cars making a left turn (I was in the left lane) and the car who hit me didn't stop. It's estimated he was going about 50 km/h and hit car was damaged pretty bad, mine wasn't (since it's an...

Suing for Life Insurance $ [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, 20 years ago my mother passed away from breast cancer - leaving behind 3 kids - me, my brother, and my sister. We were all raised by our father. It was recently brought to our attention that my aunt (my mother's sister) had made an agreement with our mother before she died that she...

Suing a Canadian Company [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm in a heap of trouble from a bad investment deal I made 2 years ago. Back in February of 2006 I paid 22,500 for a chance to participate in an investment opportunity with about 20 other people. The investment was in high tech websites that were supposed to bring in income from...

Credit Card Company Suing me [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was served this week, capitol one credit card co is suing me for $1200.00 over an account that I have not made payment on in several years, 4 I believe, due to loss of income. I called their attorneys office directly, the ones listed on the legal papers I was served with, but they...

Suing a company! [ 2 Answers ]

If you are suing someone for faulty goods (machinery) and you lost the first case at the county court or small claims court, can you appeal to the top of the hierarchy of the courts in the U.K? For example can you appeal to all of these: High court, divisional courts, courts of appeal, house of...

View more questions Search