Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giri_c Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Hi doccuke, I also have a Proform 600 LT tradmill and I am facing the same issue with tripping of AFCI breaker. Can you please let me the model of tripp-lit Isobar surge protector u bought? There are quite a few so wanted to confirm. On another note, Proform recommends using surge protector with one outlet. I went across tripp-lit website but didn't found one outlet, all were multi outlet.
    lakata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
    I had a similar problem with a projector screen motor, that was knocking the AFCI off on a *different* circuit. In other words, this was a crosstalk effect from one circuit to another. The problem only happened if the AFCI circuit was running at least ~100 watts of power (either incandescent lights, and/or my laptop charger and other minor electronics), and the project screen was moved up or down. If the AFCI circuit had no significant power (ie just some minor electronics), it would not trip.

I bought a Tripp-Lite isobar "isoblock-2.0" surge suppressor, installed it on the outlet for the projector screen motor and haven't had any problems since then.

The project screen motor was a Draper Access motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Gfci spa panel tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I just installed a spa with 4 wires. The house is old and while the neutral & ground bus bars are separate in the spa panel, they are all on the same bar in the main panel. Do I need to install a ground rod by the spa panel to keep the gfci from tripping? (instead of running the ground back to the...

Window mount AC tripping circuit breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a new air conditioner that is on it's own circuit. The breaker is new and rated at 15 amps. The air conditioner is supposed to use 15 amps at peak. I believe the wire to the outlet is rated at 15 amp. The air conditioner has it's own circuit breaker on the plug which has...

A/c power breaker tripping [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual a/c units to control the upstairs and downstairs of my residence. I have isolated my problem of no cold air to the breaker panel. I need help identifying what the possible reasons may be for the breaker tripping. There are two breakers (one coming directly from the a/c units with a...

View more questions Search