Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carlo1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Identity Card FAKE or NOT
    Hiya

I posted a related add and no one replied. My friend is a none national whom paid someone for a portuguese IDENTITY CARD. It looks like the real thing as per images on the net and having seen one from a portuguese national. BUT IS IT REAL OR A FAKE??

Please can anyone tel me how to find out or check if it is A FAKE OR NOT. I was thinking of making a call to the consulate and say that I would like to verify a IDENTITY CARD as this person is seeking employment at my compay. Would this help.

My plan and intension is; that if it is a fake to report this and help others not to loose out like my friend.

Thanking you'll in advanced

Carlos
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Nov 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
    I would suggest that if your "friend" paid "someone" for an ID card, that it is likely fake.

I don't live in Portugal, but I suspect that even in Portugal, the government issues their National ID card directly. In my mind, going to "someone" other than the government authority would be a dead giveaway that the ID is not authentic.

The issuing body, be it a government agency or other private organization, would also be the people to contact to validate the ID card. If this card is issued by the Government of Portugal, contacting the consulate (if you are not in Portugal) is a good starting point.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 08:14 PM
    If it was not gotten from the official government it is not real.

There are places that sell all sorts of fake IDs,a and even fake passports.

And I would not want to be caught in possession of one perosnally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identity [ 1 Answers ]

How do you derive cos^2(x) plus sin^2(x)=1?

Identity Theft [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently been working with PickWinnersOnline.org. I am very concerned because I have "won" the lottery and now they are asking for banking information to wire transfer the funds into my bank account. All the documentation which they have sent seems OK, however, identitly theft and scams...

View more questions Search