Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Bladder tank on well system
    Hello, thank you for attempting to help. I have a little water pressure in the morning, but after running the dish washer I have just a trickle. I have looked at the gauge at my tank and I can't get above 15 psi. I have also turned the power of to the submersival pump, turned the nearest faucet on to drain the tank, added air, but still not enough pressure. I also can't get a tire gauge to show a reading when I check pessure on my bladder tank HELP!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Do you have a pump control box like the image I put up? The settings might need to be set up to give you more pressure. Adding more air to the bladder tank will not give you more pressure. The correct setting for a bladder tank is 2 PSI under the cut in PSI setting on the control box. In other words, if your control box is set at 20 cut in/40 cut out your tank should have 18 PSI when you put a tire gagte on the snifter valve.
    However, before you set the bladder tank pressure the control box must be set properly. Yours sounds like it my be faulty if no one has reset the pressure settings. If you're going to buy another get a 30/50 PSI control box and bleed the pressure down and set the bladder tank at 28 PSI.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Gall bladder attack [ 1 Answers ]

I suffered a gall bladder attack this weekend. I am trying to learn what may have caused this. Would there be any connection to my long term use of the depo shot?

Bladder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?

2nd bladder booster [ 3 Answers ]

I have a well,softener, and bladder tank 200 ft from the upstairs of my house. I have been told I can put another bladder tank in the house and it will boost myn pressure back up to the 65 psi at the well. Can't find any info to back this up. Thanks RJ

Bladder Stones [ 4 Answers ]

My Miniature Schnauzer has a bladder stone and is awaiting surgery (I have a popular vet with a tight schedule). I have been unable to reach him today and need to know if there is anything I can give her for pain from the spasms. She weighs 25 pounds. (I KNOW! She likes to eat!) If there is...

View more questions Search