Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rensemee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 10:48 PM
    How to Completely Uninstall AVG 8.5
    I deleted it as best as I could from icons, add/remove (control panel), and registry editor. But when I go to control panel again IT'S STILL THERE! Is there anyway I can delete it completely without using an uninstall tool, since I can't download anything at the moment.

It's an expired Free Trial of AVG 8.5, (to be more specific, I've also tried downloading a different version of avg but the old one just won't budge)
    Help help help~
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 01:28 PM

I am answering,not that I have an answer,but to put this up again on the front page, maybe those in the daylight hours here in the states will be able to help(I also want to know the ins and outs,I have had too many problems with AVG and want it gone as well.)
    rensemee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I am answering,not that I have an answer,but to put this up again on the front page,,maybe those in the daylight hours here in the states will be able to help(I also want to know the ins and outs,I have had too many problems with AVG and want it gone as well.)
    If you're able to download things get the avg remover just Google it?
    And I really sugest u remove it before it expires or something
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I believe there is an AVG removal tool... 32-Bit or 64-Bit

You may also consider RevoUninstaller

To do it manually, you would have to do a hard drive search for all of the files and folder related to avg, and also a reg search, then you'd have to delete what you find. This can be both tedious and dangerous. You would also have to do this in safe mode to prevent avg from interfering.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    I believe there is an AVG removal tool...32-Bit or 64-Bit

You may also consider RevoUninstaller

To do it manually, you would have to do a hard drive search for all of the files and folder related to avg, and also a reg search, then you'd have to delete what you find. This can be both tedious and dangerous. You would also have to do this in safe mode to prevent avg from interfering.
    In other words, more than the less than savvy like myself should attempt.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 12:15 PM
    It would be wise, then again, they way I know what I know is from breaking a ton of computers... gotta start somewhere.

If you use RevoUninstaller, or the AVG removal tool then you shouldn't have a problem, if you want to try it manually, it could turn out to be a nightmare. If you can't download, get a cheap thumb-drive ($10 should do it) and download from a friend's house or at the library or something. Then you can upload it on to your computer from there. You could even burn the program to a disk if you wanted to.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avg download [ 6 Answers ]

Downloaded AVG and it shows up in "my documents" but it will not open. Aj.

AVG and Zonealarm on XP [ 5 Answers ]

Many people advise on combining avg and za together instead of norton, I am planning on changing but need to know Which has better anti-spyware and anti-spam protection avg or za? Because that will determine which internet security suite I will get. Also please let me know of the combination you...

Avg 7 [ 1 Answers ]

When I have a virus I use agv 7 to get it out. Has anyone heard of that?

Norton or AVG [ 3 Answers ]

I run Windows XP and norton anti virus but I still get viruses so I downloaded AVG but I'ts making my machine run slowly - do I need both? Can I get rid of Norton and still be protected? How can I speed up my machine? I've run disk cleanup, I don't have temp files cloggin it up, since...

View more questions Search