Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tybeeradar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 08:55 PM
    What is the norm PSI gauge reading for a 1 1/2 ton compressor on the heat pump side
    1.5 ton Goodman Heat Pump > putting out cool air while in heat cycle. While, I don't expect you to gauge this accurate but, what is the norm Psi setting low side and High side for this size unit? Thank you!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tybeeradar View Post
    1.5 ton Goodman Heat Pump > putting out cool air while in heat cycle. While, I don't expect you to guage this accurate but, what is the norm Psi setting low side and High side for this size unit? Thank you!
    Accuracy is absolutely necessary!

There is NO normal PSI setting. It changes with every degree of temp difference inside and outside. Recover refrigerant with a recovery machine and charge by ounces/pounds. Do not forget to calculate in your line set. All this info is listed right on the HP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2008 4 ton Goodman heat pump doesn't switch into electric strip heat? [ 18 Answers ]

OK even when its 17*F out I can still here it running at night. So is this a problem? I mean it runs non stop.

3.5 ton Grand Aire compressor not working when heat is on [ 1 Answers ]

Should the outside Grand Aire compressor/fan be on while central heat is being used? The thermostat is at 68 degrees and have not heard or seen the compressor working; am concerned because heat kicks on every half hour to keep it at 68 degrees. In Florida and not used to these unusually cold...

2 ton heat pump, too much refrigerant? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2 ton rooftop package unit heat pump that blows warm air. I ckecked the refrigerant (r-22) with the ambient temperature being 95 deg f. The high side read 300 on the oustside of the gauge. Shouldn't it be closer to 125? I took these mesurements while it was running. Thanks.

4 ton York Heat Pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton York heat pump that just suddenly started making a screaching sound when the heat pump comes on. It makes the noise almost all the time so I turned of the heat pump and have been heating with the emergency heat for the last few days. A repair man told me that probably my compressor...

5 ton heat pump shuts off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5ton heat pump and it shuts off after about 10 min. on cool, and I'm constantly going to the roof and resetting the breaker, help me I've had 3 techs come out to fix

View more questions Search