Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohaithurrceaira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 05:55 PM
    If I wash my hair with Prell shampoo for a week, how faded will my hair be?
    I dyed my hair black a while back (hah, that rhymes... ), and I've had black hair for four years now and I'm totally sick of it! I have an impulse problem and I redyed my hair black on an impulse. But now, I want to dye my hair pink, and I've severely damaged my hair from bleaching it four times in October (I've cut away all the damaged hair though a few Friday's ago) and going from black to blonde (which looked icky on me, and I dyed it black AGAIN on impulse).
    I've heard Prell shampoo does WONDERS. And I was wondering how faded it will be if I use it every day for a week?
    And if I need to put it on wet or dry hair and leave it on for a certain amount of time.

I know that it'll dry my hair out. I have that part taken care of.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 06:28 PM

Not at all...

Of course you forgot a third option... the Sinead O'Connor look.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 15, 2010, 06:36 PM

The only thing I know of that will take black dye out of your hair is to go to a salon and get it professionally stripped. Even that is no guarantee. You need to work on your impulse control issues, or learn to live with the consequences.
    ohaithurrceaira Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    the only thing i know of that will take black dye out of your hair is to go to a salon and get it professionally stripped. even that is no guarantee. you need to work on your impulse control issues, or learn to live with the consequences.
    I don't want to take the black completely out of my hair I want to FADE it. Leaarrnn to read. :)
    And, obviously, I am living with it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 07:32 PM

Shave it off... play Sinhead O'commor then in a few months you can do a short haired Pink.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 15, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaithurrceaira View Post
    I don't want to take the black completely out of my hair I want to FADE it. Leaarrnn to read. :)
    And, obviously, I am living with it.
    Black dye does not fade, no matter what you do to it.

I dyed my hair black once. More than a year later, it was still black. I finally just cut the dyed portion off.
    beckygx3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Lol ! I don't know what this person is talking about "black hair dye doesnt fade"

Yes it does. Silly people.
    I heard prell works wonders too, right before my mothers wedding she lightened her hair and it ended up BLEACH BLONDE, so of course she bought a box hair dye and it then turned out BLACK.
    Her hair dresser told her to buy prell and wash it a couple times a day and it will fade/go back to normal color and hers did within about 2 days or a day. I'm about to do the same thing because I'm SICK of my black hair ! And overtime, it does fade... I've been dying my hair black for a couple years now so I would know.

Good luck though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Prell shampoo to fade hair color [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering when you recommend to use the prell or clarifying shampoo with a few drops of dawn and then leave it on, do you apply this to dry hair?

Hair too dark! Dose Prell really work? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair darkest brown which turned out to be black, I would like this black to lighten up because I really hate this color on me! I have heard that the shampoo Prell works well for this situation, or using dawn soap with shampoo. My question is how long does this process take, and what do...

Faded away the hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

Im letting my hair go gray with in the years I have colored my hair does any one Know ,if there's any shmoop to help faded away the color ?

Can't get shampoo out of hair. [ 2 Answers ]

I have extremely thick very coarse red hair, and its always been a little tough to get the soap out, but for the last few (4-5) months I've had to hide grimey hair in a constant ponytail. Its so bad that as soon as I get my hair wet it plasters together and I just can't get the soap through it....

How To Wash My Hair With Hair Extensions! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Kayleigh and I have brown extensions 4 christmas but I'm worried about washing my hair because it gets dirty easily.. how do I wash my hair with them in? And what to wash them with :confused: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!

View more questions Search