Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drewzilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Toilet has weak flush. Tried a lot of things need help!
    Ive done a ton of research online before I posted this. Let me start by saying the toilet used to flush decently (had to hold handle for a bit) until a bad clog. After then it had a very very weak flush even after a good plunge. I ended up replacing the ballcock with a new water valve assembly since the old one leaked very badly. I also got a new flapper valve and adjusted the chain on the handle so there is very little slack, but some. This made the tiolet fill quite a bit faster, helped with the strength of the flush as well as eliminated the holding the handle problem I had. Still a very weak flush and if you flushed a good wad or 2 of toilet paper, it wouldn't go down and then I would have to plunge. Ive drained the toilet completely and soaked the entire main jet for 24 hours. Even taped the "swirl" holes in the bowl to hold the vinegar in overnight and yes it actually held. I also used a clothes hanger to jab into the holes as well as my fingers for the main jet at the bottom. That may have helped a tad but even with a mirror there was no visual sign of deposits or a clogged jet. This thing still doesn't flush right. If there is anything that requires toilet paper it won't flush and just gurgles. If you try to flush again you get HUGE bubbles that come from the exit hole (not main jet) and the water just rises. You have to plunge to get it to go down and it will just happen again the next time there is something that actually needs to be flushed. Do I need to snake it? Do you think there is maybe a slight blockage down the line? It's swirling good but when it goes to flush it just sounds like it's very weak. Not like the other toilets in the house. I hope I covered everything. Thanks for any help folks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 15, 2010, 05:37 PM

Sounds like you might have a partial clog causing back pressure that impedes the siphon action. Pull the toilet and snake the line. Good luck, Tom
    Kristofer Posts: 18, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 18, 2016, 12:33 PM
    Can't you use a plunger? Use a plunger.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2016, 02:16 PM
    Please note that the original post was in 2010. Look at the posting date first but thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Toilet Has a very weak flush [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! I am growing very frustrated at my toilets weak flush. The water just swirls around and does not go all the way down. To get solids and toielt paper to go all the way down, I have to flush 2 or 3 times, while holding the handle down. It is definitley not clogged as I have plunged it, snaked...

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Weak Toilet Flush [ 6 Answers ]

Weak flush in toilet. Ran snake and plunger and toilet doesn't appear clogged. What's the possible culprit and/or solution?

Toilet flush in the bowl is weak [ 9 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet the bowl pressure is pretty weak, and doesn't always clear the bowl completely. We often get pieces of paper that come back into the bowl. The tank and bowl was cleaned out completely before I re-installed it. I also installed a new flush valve system. Still the weak flush. ...

Can't get syphon flush to work. Very weak flush resulting [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced a syphon type flush mechanism in a toilet cistern. I fillet up the cistern with water and tried to flush the toilet. I get a very weak flush with a lot of gurgling noises. I can't seem to get a proper syphon effect. Any suggestions as to how I might to get a proper flush? Ball valve...

View more questions Search