tony1976 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 08:22 AM
    How to get child support records
    I am looking for all of my friend of court records
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 08:28 AM

Your question is unclear...

Are you looking for records of support you have paid or received?
    southerngal77 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2010, 08:28 AM

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say. But child support records are private and to my knowledge it is across the board that only the mother, the father and the court has a right to the records. I could be wrong but I know VA works this way.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1976 View Post
    i am looking for all of my friend of court records
    As others have pointed out, the way your question is worded is confusing. Are you looking for just child support payment records or are you looking for a history of what happened in court regarding support and the custody order?

In my state also, they only allow the two parties involved and the court access to the child support record - some places will allow you to have access with a written permission slip from one of the parties. My husband has done this numerous times so that I can speak with child support and the courts regarding his case.

Feb 15, 2010, 09:12 AM
    OK here's what I'm looking for. I am the father of 2 deceased children. I am looking for info on the case since it was created while I was incarcerated. I believe they charged me for a child that was proven not mine and also the state continued to pay the mother long after the children passed. I am trying to take this issue to court because the amout they say I owe is over 13000 which I don't see possible
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:15 AM
    ok heres what im looking for. i am the father of 2 deceased children. i am looking for info on the case since it was created while i was incarcerated. i beleive they charged me for a child that was proven not mine and also the state continued to pay the mother long after the children passed. i am trying to take this issue to court because the amout they say i owe is over 13000 which i dont see possible
    It's possible that the mother was receiving arrears and that's why she continued to get payments after the children's deaths. Contact the Child Support Enforcement agency where the case was filed. A caseworker will be able to give you a breakdown on what was paid, owed, and why the mother continued receiving child support.

Feb 15, 2010, 09:18 AM

The mother was on welfare and they continued to pay her after the children's death and arrears couldn't have been owed if I was never given an amount to pay and I have contacted the foc and they are of no help just keep telling me money owed the state can't be changed
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:22 AM
    the mother was on welfare and they continued to pay her after the childrens death and arrears couldnt have been owed if i was never given an amount to pay and i have contacted the foc and they are of no help just keep telling me money owed the state can't be changed
    If she received welfare, then the money owed is going back to the state, not her. You need to find out if the money is going back to the mother or if it's going back to the state. If you didn't get a clear answer when you contacted the Support Enforcement agency, then call again. Talk with someone willing to take the time and give you the information that you need.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2010, 09:23 AM

Then get an attorney and subpeona the records. If the support payments were made through a state agency you have to get the records from them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:20 AM

Subpoena the records - that's the only way to be sure.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 01:40 PM

What state is this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

Trying to find old bank records to support disability repayment made in 1997. [ 1 Answers ]

Due to waiting for and receiving a lung transplant in 1995, he received disability benefits from 1995-1997. Social Security claims we were overpaid $13,000+ and wants us to pay it back. However, in 1997 we paid back $10,000+ in 3 separate checks and were told our balance was zero. We moved in 1999...

View more questions Search