Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superslings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Can a tooth with a root canal still ache a year later?
    About 3 years ago I had an abscessed tooth. The whole left side of my face swelled up. I was put on antibiotics and waited until the swelling went down until I could get a root canal. I also had a crown put on it about a year ago. It has just started bothering me in the last month especially when I bite down on something hard. Should I feel pain after all this time?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 10:13 AM
    There is a chance that the tooth might be cracked or the root canal may have failed. You should go back to your dentist and have him take a look.
    piccu123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 01:15 PM
    I don't think so... your dentist might not have done a good job... not that any dentist is good... they are all CHEATS. I hope your pain goes away and your dentist burns in hell and so do the other RIPOFF DENTISTS.
    dandr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 10:49 AM
    I agree. You should probably find another dentist. I hopoe piccu is not right that all dentists are cheats. But I'm sure there are a lot who are only competent to do simple fillings.
    JD173 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2010, 04:17 PM

This is a common problem there is a chance you may have fratured the tooth or that you require endodontic surgery or a retreatment of the root canal. Your dentist should have informed you of this before anything was done to the tooth. If you require a root canal please don't go to a general dentist just spend the extra money next time and see an endodontist who will inform you of all the risks before anything is done

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temp filling came out of root canal tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Had a root canal done.No $ to have crown put on afterward.I think the temp filling has come out,and there is cotton like stuff coming out of the tooth.I thought it was a piece of food,(possibly) but have realized it was cotton.Dentist cannot see me to have cown put on for 1wk and 1/2.Can I pt...

Root canal done on tooth with crown [ 2 Answers ]

Does the crown have to be removed before they do the root canal what is procedure Thanks Lori

Broke a tooth that has a root canal and dentist dismissed me as his patient [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I 'broke' a tooth that contained a large filling and a root canal. Because I have diabetes, leukemia and several other serious health problems, including low platlets, 40ish, my dentist of 18 years informed me that he didn't want me as his patient any long. I presume his liability...

Chipped tooth leads to crown possible root canal [ 1 Answers ]

I recently chipped one of my bottom back molars. The tooth had a very large filling. However, it seemed like the dentist really 'went to town' on the drilling. A week later I still had pain and got a prescription. My new crown is in with temporary cement to "see if the pain goes away," and I'm told...

Root canal tooth came out [ 1 Answers ]

My back tooth which had a root canal and crown just came out, crown and tooth intact with a silver post. I don't know what to do. Help, I don't think the dentist is in his office until Monday and it is Friday night. I'm thinking the tooth had decayed under the crown. I have a huge hole in my...

View more questions Search