Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hylander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
    What about this power saving technology with capasitors that pick up power surg
    This is a power saving device that colects power spikes and will store the power in capacitors. Thies advanced capactors store the power until there is a new power load like turning on your welder. Or air conditioner ? (this has nothing to do with your computer).
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 02:08 AM
    Can you provide a link to this product? Just based on your description, I call B.S.

Capacitors store charge or energy, not power. Power can be derived as they are discharged. I'm also thinking that since most voltage/current spikes are of such short duration, that there just aren't enough of them to buildup enough energy to power anything, particularly a high current device such as a welder. The capacitors would also be huge.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 06:23 AM

SCAM. These things are ALL scams!

Do NOT believe any of the hype about them, no matter how convincing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analog Power Saving Mode [ 3 Answers ]

When I turn on my PC Windows starts fir 4 seconds then I see on flat monitor LG "Analog Power Saving Mode" and LG monitor goes off (yellow light on monitor panel). Please help.

Analog Power Saving Mode [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor shows " Analog Power Saving Mode" on LG Monitor. And goes off guickly. I need somone's help to fix this problem

Editing and saving using Power Director 7. [ 2 Answers ]

OK, here's the deal. I'm an editing a film with Power Director 7, running Vista. As I edit the clip, I change to speed of a couple of clips just to give it some variety. Once I'm finished, I save and close the project... but, when I reopen the project, everything is the same, except the clips...

Power Saving Mode [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I start my computer it enters power saving mode at cuts off. How can I keep this from happening?

Problems with Power Saving in Win XP [ 5 Answers ]

So one day I was messing around with power saving options in Windows XP, and was saving different "power saving schemes", and when I clicked the drop down box (of all the schemes) it crashed. So I went back to it, only to find I had no schemes saved any more, and cannot save a new scheme, because...

View more questions Search