Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomas29726 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 07:43 PM
    Drawins for connecting a shower drain to a toilet drain?
    I want to install a shower drain in my basement and connect to the toilet drain I like to see some drawings or videos any help please thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 15, 2010, 05:48 PM

If you connect the shower drain to the lavatory drain it will be wet vented by it and you won't have to run a separate vent. If you connect to the toilet drain you may get some backwash from the toilet flush plus you'll have to vent the shower.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I convert a shower drain into a toilet drain? [ 2 Answers ]

We are buying a house, and love the entire layout except for the master bath. There is ample room in the bathroom, but the configuration does not make good use of the space. Currently there is an extremely long vanity area and a large toilet area on one wall, and a tiny 3 ft by 3 ft shower on the...

Converting a shower drain to a toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convert a shower drain in a basement to a toilet drain?

Connecting a sink drain to a shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tie a new sink drain into an existing shower drain? I have a stall shower that has been removed for replacement and woulde like to add a sink on the abutting wall. Can I tie the drains together?

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

Connecting shower drain to toilet drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am just beginning to do some renos to my basement. I am installing a shower in a bathroom that currently only has just a sink and a toilet. I am trashing the toilet and sink and putting in new ones. This is a concrete basement. How do I connect the shower drain to the toilet drain? Is there...

View more questions Search