Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike7629 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 04:00 PM
    My furnace tuns on and off during one cycle
    My funace is electric ignition , turns on and off , blows good heat just fine, but I noticed when its running during its cycle , the flame will go out and re-ignite just fine 2 or 3 times periodocally during this cycle , why?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 04:07 PM

Brand/model# of furnace? Usually, overheating. Look for a status light on the furnace, it may provide clues. A code label may accompany the light, either on the inside of one of the panels or on the circuit board itself.
    mike7629 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Brand/model# of furnace? Usually, overheating. Look for a status light on the furnace, it may provide clues. A code label may accompany the light, either on the inside of one of the panels or on the circuit board itself.
    KC13, THANK YOU, When you said,overheating, it made me pull the filter out and look, it was pretty dirty, I thought I just changed it, but its been running a lot,WINTER, put a new one in,and now its running fine! No more restarts! It must have restricted the air flow, which made it run hotter! ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU , mike7629

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace purge exhaust fan continues to cycle and cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Carrier furnace/AC Product model #58ZAV 075-101JC Model #58ZAV 075-JC Series 100 Serial #2093A16 303 Natural Gas/Propane, heat furnace runs on Propane. Problem: With the unit turned to cooling with the thermostat, the heat pre-purge exhaust fan continues to cycle on and off, sometimes...

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Furnace will not cycle off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker furnace that quite often fails to cycle off. I've changed thermostats three times and I still incur the same problem.

View more questions Search