Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaama63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 02:15 AM
    Sex problems after 55 years
    I am 57 years old, my partner is 47 good in shape, and enjoyed sex over 27 years. But now-a-days she is not much interested in sex .As a result my libido also redused and lost attraction in her body which is still in some what good shape.it takes three to four days to get next errection with her, but with any other lady my errection is quick and I can repeat it daily! What could be the reason and how can I bring her libido back
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 08:48 AM

Has she spoken with her doctor about it?

Menopause can REALLY mess with your hormones, throwing your libido really out of whack.

I suggest she start with a complete physical, and talk to her doctor about it.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 07:47 PM
    I suggest that after 27 years sex can become repetitive and familiar.

Also, as women get close to 50 their capacity to respond to sexual stimulation can really change - libido can decrease as the hormones change and what was previously enjoyable becomes annoying.

It's a difficult phase to navigate and it takes patience and creativity. The libido often does not come back as strong, and it requires both partners to think about sex differently.

Talking about it is a good first step. Getting her hormones checked is a good second step. Acceptance that your sexual relationship changes as you get older is a great third step.

As an aside, who are these other ladies that you get erections on a daily basis with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend of two years won't have sex with me [ 29 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had a long distance relationship for the first year. We fell in love over the phone -- we had great conversations and indulged in phone sex many times. He admitted he was a virgin and when we finally moved in together in took several months before he felt comfortable taking...

Boyfriend of 2+ years doesn't want sex [ 8 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years, and he does not want to have sex with me anymore! When we first started dating we had sex all the time, but usually only before bed or an occasional quickie. In my previous relationship, I would do it in the AM or PM, I really am happy and ready to do...

First time sex at 29 years of age [ 7 Answers ]

My finance has never had sex before, she is 29. We plan to get married next year. She recently went to her doctor for some regular "womens" tests, and experienced pain when the doctor inserted the plastic equipment into her vagina. She is concerned that on the wedding night she won't be able to...

My marriage has no sex life and I am 24 years old [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've never done this before so bare with me lol. I am 24 years old and have been married for 2 years, yes young I know oh well :). I have no sex life, I pretty much have to force myself to have sex with my husband at least once a week. That is so terrible isn't it! The thing is, he is...

After five years he tells me NO MORE sex [ 21 Answers ]

Ok me and my boyfriend have been going out five years. We started having sex 6 months liter. Now after 5 years he tells me that we should whet till we get marred. BC having sex before marriage is agent are religion. So is that normal or he just need some series help?

View more questions Search