Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CultureKook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 12:25 AM
    I was recently gifted with a 1966 Château Pavie Decesse Grand Cru Classe St. Emilion
    I was recently gifted with a 1966 Château Pavie Decesse Grand Cru Classe St. Emilion and wondered how long I should allow it to breathe after opening? I am getting conflicting info: from 2-24 hours.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
    Forget simple breathing.
    I would advise decanting it a couple of hours before drinking.
    This way you can asses it's drinkability and ensure you don't have any sediment left in the wine.

Should be drinking well, assuming it has been stored correctly.
    CultureKook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 08:36 PM

Thank you... do want a report back? :-)
    zylstra Posts: 83, Reputation: 11

May 9, 2010, 09:36 AM

We would love a report back. How did it go? Was decanting better? At what time after decanting did it taste best?

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I properly care for a bottle of 1959 Grand vin De Château Latour [ 1 Answers ]

My grandparents were given a bottle of wine on the day I was born in 1983. We were going to open it for the holidays this year but before we did I went on the internet for some brief information and found it to be a rare bottle of wine. We are going to wait and open it on my wedding day. My...

Looking for a wine described as "Chateau Grand Cru" [ 3 Answers ]

When my friend was at college in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in the mid-1970's, he would often go on a sunny afternoon to an outdoor café nearby. There he and his friend would play chess and enjoy a bottle of white wine and a cheese and fruit platter. He says it is the only wine he ever really liked,...

Château Lynch Moussas Pauillac 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a bottle of this wine as a gift and know nothing about it. How long should it sit before drinking? How much would it cost to replace it?

Château Margaux Pavilion Rouge 1996 [ 1 Answers ]

I have been given (lucky me) a magnum of 1996 Château Margaux Pavilion Rouge and would like to know whether I should drink it now or will it continue to improve with age. If the latter, then when is it best to drink?

View more questions Search