Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 24, 2006, 07:57 PM
    lenoleum over composition vinyl tile
    I want to put a sheet of lenoleum( 11 ft x 20 ft) over an existing 12in x12in glued( to concrete) composition vinyl tile, the tiles are all in good condition. I saw some lenoleums say installation without adhesive, and talk to the saleperson he said that they all needadhesive or they may get wrinkle. Iam trying to install the one with at least 10 years warranty and min amount of glueing... Any suggestion or idea?? Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Not sure where I read it, perhaps on the adhesive can label, but it listed several ways of laying seamless vinyl. Linoleum? One of them was to just put adhesive down in a narrow band around the edge. I did a couple of bathrooms that way several years ago, and they still look great. If you have an holes or depressions, fill them with floor leveler. Armstrong makes it and most places that sell floor covering sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Spanish composition [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please proofread my spanish composition. Cuando yo tenía cinco años vivé en Bethlehem Pennsylvania. Cada mañana mi mamá me despertaba para ir a la escuela. Tomaba una ducha, conseguía un vestido, comía el desayuno y me cepillaba los dientes. Después besaba a mi madre y iba a...

Vinyl flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to install vinyl flooring directly on top of a cement slab.

View more questions Search