Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    demetrarjones04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
    Can I break a lease agreement due to medical reasons?
    My wife is a Insulin dependent diabetic and all of the specialests that she see's are located in Florida and we currently reside in Alabama. Her health is getting worse and the trips to Florida are becoming more and more frequent. My question is, considering our circumstances is that grounds to break our lease agreement? The lease was for 2 years, we only have 6 months left, its up in August 2010.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 13, 2010, 08:19 PM

Sorry, I don't know of any states that allow medical reasons to break a lease. See if you can negotiate a buyout with the landlord.
    demetrarjones04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 08:25 PM

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease due to medical reasons [ 4 Answers ]

I am asking this for a friend, she has a special needs daughter (diabetic, bipolar, mildly mentally disabled, and has a lot of psychological problems from sexual and physical abuse from the time she was born until she was 2 and my friend got custody) When they moved into their apartment, she was...

Can I break a lease due to medical reasons [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a lease in Aug '09 for one year, but had to move due to medical reasons. I am on disability, but landlady wants me to continue to pay rent until she finds another renter. Come to find out, her cottage I was renting in her backyard does not have a 'permit', so my question is: "Can she make...

Elderly rights for breaking lease due to medical reasons [ 1 Answers ]

I have spoken to the main office at the senior living apartment that my mother has resided at since May of 2005. She has always paid her rent on time and has never been a problem. My question is this... If her doctor has filed a FL2 (papers that require her to move to assisted living for her own...

Breaking Lease due to medical reasons [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had to go to the emergency room and was told my gallbladder was infected and had to get surgery immediately. I had to be off both of my jobs for two weeks and since then I have not been able to afford my bills. I'm stuck deciding do I pay my electric bill, or my college payment. My year...

Break lease due to medical issues? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother and I currently live in a two-story townhouse and there are two reasons as to why we need to break our lease: a) (the biggest reason) My mother has just found out in the past two weeks that she needs surgery on her back and should NOT be climbing stairs. She was already given a perminant...

View more questions Search