Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tweetnana911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 01:41 PM
    2003 Dodge Durango neutral switch
    My 2003 Durango shuts off when you put it in park. The auto place says it's my neutral switch. Do you agree? Also, if so, where is the neutral switch?
    vandallen Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
    The neutral safety switch on my 2003 durango is inside the transmission on top of the valve body. Some of them have one which can be removed from the outside.
    vandallen Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

May 14, 2013, 11:19 AM
    The purpose of the neutral safety switch is to allow the starting (cranking) of the car in only park and neutral. It also doubles as a reverse light switch.

I don't think the ignition power travels through the safety switch, also called the Range Sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 dodge durango code 1899 park/neutral safety switch [ 0 Answers ]

I have replaced the park/neutral safety switch on my 99 durango after it came up with the code for it being the reason my check engine light is on. I tested the three wires leading into the switch itself but the only one without power is the black and white one. The only thing I can speculate is...

2003 Dodge Durango Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 dodge durango gets really hot I have not let it overheat & I've repalced the thermostat, but it kept getting real hot. I figured out that it was the electric fan that wasn't working so I replaced that but now the new fan still won't turn on. Please help me figure out what could be wrong....

2003 Dodge Durango [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where the thermostat is on a 4.7L 2003 Dodge durango? >Moved from Feedback board<

2003 dodge durango exhaust system [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram of the exhaust system for my 2003 dodge durango with 4.7 engine?

Dodge Durango 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed the spark plugs in my Durango. Is there anything I have to to to the truck after I change the spark plugs? Let me know.. Thanks

View more questions Search