Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    encore212 Posts: 9, Reputation: 6

Feb 13, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Dance on my grave
    My daughter who has basically never suffered for much or had many chores, as said to me since she is 13 that she hates me, she would dance on my grave, wishes I were dead and can't we just get a gun and shoot her.

She recently starting cursing me after she was late for a math exam. Which I had paid tutors to help her with.

I kicked her out, she called me after the weekend to pick her up and if she could get something's and I conceeded, she refused to wipe the dresser off and vacuum and when I told her to leave she punched me with intent to hurt.

I've kicked her out and she comes to the door after I told her father who she's staying with that I don't want to speak to her, and is smurking, I told her there is "nothing" funny, but I let her in to get something and didn't say anything to her and she left and said thanks.

I just don't know what to make of this she has humiliated me to her father's side of the family, beyond belief.

Should I speak to her or let her realize the severity of the situation for a month lets say.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 01:38 PM

How old is your daughter now?

Feb 14, 2010, 11:01 AM

17, 18 in one month

Feb 14, 2010, 11:04 AM
    On the one hand I feel like bailing and just go traveling or is there hope her birthday late is one month. I don't know if she should take all of her things, I don't know the fine line between teaching her a lesson and making her treat me respectfullly, or just having her out of my life. But then we she has horses at my farm that I need her to deal with. I'm confused and it's the first time in 28 years I've been without the responsibility of raising children and I do miss having her in my life. But I don't want her to think this is nothing, it's a big deal!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 12:35 PM

We could all second guess the reasons, sounds like you give in to her all the time, and she gets her way, you made some choices, my way of the highway and need to stick with it, till she changes.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 02:42 PM

You are the mother, she is the child and a spoiled child. Lay down some rules and stick to them. Sorry you're having such a horrible time.

Feb 14, 2010, 04:11 PM

Thanks its hard, I've always been so considerate of her and now she isn't even there for me.

It really hurts. You wonder what you were thinking all of your life sacrificing for them. I'm only encouraged by thinking she will grow up, but I would have been so proud to enjoy her 18th birthday and help her work towards her graduation.

Kids can be real heartbreakers.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 04:31 PM

When their little babies , they are so sweet you could just eat them up. When they get older sometimes you wish you had.. I hope things get better for you, it hurts and I don't know how you feel ,but I will pray for you and hope things will get better. Hang in there encore. God Bless

Feb 15, 2010, 08:54 PM

Ok so now she sends me texts trying to guilt me that she's failing her new semester, that she's going to drop out and that she won't be going to the prom and that I'll be happy! I am concerned of her dropping out of school but I know she is the one who has to grow up and take responsibility. I've done nothing but try to help her in school but she curses me and tells me to mind my own business unless its convenient for her. I know I'm being manipulated, but I just wanted her to finish her high school. Its such a dissappointment she was always an honours student until this year.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 09:16 PM

It is really hard being a parent. I think she is spoiled rotten and she should never, ever show you disrepect. Go along with her and tell her if she drops out of school you will never support her. If she has a car and you are paying the insurance, tell her you will drop her insurance. If she threatens you or strikes you then you need to show her who is the boss.

I don't believe in beating children or abusing them, but I do believe in taking up for yourself. Don't be a doormat. If she gets violent call the police and tell them you fear for your safety and hers. There may be more to this than you know. I hope you will take our advice

A couple of nights in jail for parental abuse, may just wake her up..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find my dad's grave. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've gone as far as I can I need someone to point me in the right direction I'm trying to find my dad's grave all I no is that is name is Stanley William Phillips he was buried in cumbria I don't know anything else please can you help me.

Grave wax [ 2 Answers ]

What is behind grave wave how long it takes for the corpes to reach that stage?can some help me please

Out of the grave. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help... old movie... what I remember is a painting of a cemetery in old house... the painting changes each day or hour one of the graves is opening and the deaceased is walking towards the house... there is a knock at the door and I think the person in the house dies of hear attack......

Is the Grave yard behind my house haunted? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondreing if the grave yard behind my house is haunted? Every night I take my dog out in the back yard and every once in a while I'll see this light in the grave yard that appers for only about a few seconds. Then one night it was really late probably about 11 pm I went out with the dog and...

View more questions Search