Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timjam2000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 09:48 AM
    I need to know why the water in the shower gets colder so quickly compared to the kichen and bathroom sinks. What can I do to improve it? The water in the shower has to have the cold water slowly turned to almost the off position after 5 minutes.

I give up
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 05:41 PM

Don't give up, just call a plumber.. lol.
    Shower is a high volume fixture, so if the water heater is not working up to peak performance, you will run out of hot water faster in the shower than in the sinks. This is only one option for your problem, many more that could be causing this dilema. Its so hard to diagnose a problem like this from here without detailed info from you. I really wish we could help, but it may be time to call in an onsight pro to help you out. Good luck and please let us know if you need more help, and how things go.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

Apr 14, 2010, 04:08 AM

Single handle control valve on the shower? If so, you may need to replace your cartridge.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 14, 2010, 05:58 AM

In addition to Chayns advice you could also install a low flow shower head.
    Good luck Tom
    timjam2000 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHayn View Post
    Single handle control valve on the shower? If so, you may need to replace your cartridge.
    no. its 3 handles. Hot-cold and shower/tub. I guess ill try the showerhead suggestion but it just seems to be more than that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Apr 14, 2010, 09:36 PM

Do you have an electric water heater? If so you might have it checked out to make sure that the thermastats and elements are all working properly. Goodluck.---zeke---

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have cold water downstairs but no hot or cold water upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house as I have cold water in the downstairs tap but I have no hot water upstairs in the taps and no water in the toilet but there is water in the tank any suggests

Can a gas water heater freeze. We have e cold water but no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

.can gas hot water tank freeze

Forced Hot Water baseboard COLD COLD [ 7 Answers ]

I have forced hot water baseboard heat. My two upstairs baseboards are cold when heat is fine in the rest of the lower house. I beld the unit and still it's cold. I pulled at least 2 quarts of water out but no air at all. Any sugesstions on what to do next. Thanks

Cold water feeding back into cold water stoarage tank [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me and my plumber who also appears flummixed by my problem My ocld water storage tank is overflowing - OK you say - fix the overflow Done it Problem seems to be that the water is feeding back in to the tank Plumber says it not my coil in the cylinder and I have new...

View more questions Search