Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TigersE12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Female Capuchins As Pets
    Do female capuchin monkeys make better pets over male capuchins? Is it best to get the teeth removed? If I am going to own a capuchin monkey from the age of seven months, what do you think would be the best way to go about it with all the things I read about attacks and biting? I would think female capuchin monkeys are more calm and bite less is this true? ^_^:confused: :)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 27, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Try as I might I could find no evidence that female Capuchins are less aggressive than the males as pets. In the wild females band together as protection against aggressive males. Veterinarians are generally uncooperative in Removal of teeth and nails because they consider it cruel. Below are links for two articles about Capuchins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKR...atepets_2.html

BTW
    I have seen female baboons regularly chasing and beating up male baboons. Female lions force male lions out of the pride and do all the hunting. My pet parakeet was de-feathered by a female parakeet and my pet canary by a female canary. Both flew frantically from one end of the cage to the other trying to avoid the aggression. Certain female spiders and scorpions devour the male after copulation. A certain venomous female snake has to be cautiously pacified by her suitor because if not--she will kill him. A certain female pit bull almost bit off an ear of a male dog when he made a pass. And last but not least, women are now regularly beating up men in films and are the indisputable queens of all they survey at home--and woe to him who dares say nay! Do I dare say "Nay?" Naaa! : )
    entus Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Although Capuchins are extremely widespread and I have found no evidence of which is less aggressive as pets, I will say that in wild they form multi-male groups and the males have shown greater loyalty to each other whereas females are more apt to turn against the males and females. Secondly, due to multi-male groupings they demand massive socialization (as do most) and will turn quick otherwise. They will want absolute dominance, which a female (in Cebids) will have a bad time with and again aggression will occur along with throwing of fecies and peeing on stuff. Of the Cebids there brain is extremely large and they are extremely intelligent and manipulative. Care should be considered strongly

I know no vet that will remove there teeth in the state I live (wasington). Also realize the average life span in captivity is 40yrs and that is a socialized healthy captivity. Single occupant even... as a family pet life span will shorten due to depression and mental problems with the social structure they would be in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

27 female and never had a boyfriend [ 75 Answers ]

I am 27, smart, funny, and am beginning to better appreciate my looks. I run a lot, do the makeup/hair thing on the weekends and have scores of friends. People are naturally attracted to me on a friendship level because I really love connecting with people and am very much an extrovert. But, I...

Female president [ 32 Answers ]

How come we never have a girl for a president?

Female governors [ 7 Answers ]

What states have had female governors ?

Toxic chemicals and pets [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my wife sprayed her hair with Aqua Net unsented hair spray extra super hold. She was unaware that our dog was in the bathroom with her. The spray got into the dogs nose and it started caughing and gaging. Within 10 minutes the dog started seizing and convulsing. The spray contains the...

View more questions Search