Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:22 PM
    You know you're a dog person if.
    I had to share this with everyone... I filled out my answers for each part, feel free to do so yourself or just have a read :D

* You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard but no small children
    I have a small, blow-up swimming pool for warmer months, it gets blown up and filled every year even though the dogs don't use it.

* Lintwheels are on your shopping list every week.
    Not so true with this one... dog hair adds character to clothes.

* Your freezer containes more dog bones than anything.
    I have a freezer full of chicken necks and not much food for ourselves!

* You hang around the dog section of your local bookstore way too often.
    My first stop at the library is the pet section.

* Your non-dog friends won't eat food prepared in your kitchen.
    Dog hair is a condiment, just like sauce or salt.

* You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house but no babies.
    Yep... makes life easier!

* You open your purse and that big bunch of baggies you use for pick-up pops out .
    No, but the back pocket of every pair of pants I own has doggy bags stuffed in them.

* You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before work.
    Nothing gets in between, me, a cigarette and AMHD of a morning.

* The trash basket is more or less permanently installed in the kitchen sink, to keep the dog out of it while you're at work.
    I found this one out the hard way.

* You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are dog nose prints all over the inside.
    But the smeared nose swirls look so pretty!

* You don't go to happy hours with co-workers anymore because you need to go home and walk your dog.
    I just feel bad leaving them locked up for too long.

* You don't think it's the least bit strange to stand in the back yard chirping "Molly, Pee!" over and over at your dog who tends to play and forget what she's our there for.
    Prada, come on wee wee's, come one do your wee wee's!

* You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and the dog loves to go with you.
    Nah, there's only one pet store that doesn't sell puppies here and the staff are just plain rude.

* You get an extra long hose on your shower massage just so you can use it to wash the dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip deep in water.
    I have been through several trying to find one that has the right "spray" to wash the dogs properly.

* You and the dog come down with something flu like on the same day. The dog sees the vet while you settle for an over the counter remedy from the drug store.
    I had to wait a month to see a doctor because Prada needed her medication and we didn't have enough cash for both.

* You not only have dog toys strewn about, but your guests also have to be careful not to trip on the dog jumps. (well we gotta exercise them in the winter somehow)
    I have nearly lost a few guests due to wayward toys.

* Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a hike.
    Of coarse... Sunday afternoon is park time!

* You refer to yourself as "mommy" and "daddy".
    Let's not talk about this one :o

* Your dog sleeps with you.
    Only 1 sleeps with us because he can[t handle the heat and he sleeps on the foot of the bed in front of the fan.

* You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your doggies than go to the movies with your sweetie.
    I'd prefer a movie at home with both :)

* You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case your dog gets thirsty at night.
    They have a crunchy biscuit right before going to bed... I don't want them choking on it :o

* You avoid vacuuming the house as long as possible because the dogs are afraid of the brain-sucker.
    Nah, not so much because of the 'brain sucker' factor, more because of the 'well if I vacuum it now it's just going to be dirty again in 5 minutes' factor.

* When your dog is getting old and arthritic, and you go buy lumber and build it a small staircase so it can climb onto the bed by itself.
    Haven't yet but I would do.

* You shovel a zig-zag path in the back yard snow so your dog can reach all of his favorite places.
    Haha, that may be a bit too extreme even for me!

* Your have 32 different names for your dogs. Most make no sense but they understand.
    Prada, Prady, Pradster, Miss Mouse, B*tch face, Troll monster... I'll stop there.

* Your dog eats cat poop but you still let him/her kiss you (but not immediately after, of course)
    Not cat, but they sure do love bunny poop.

* You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken so the dog gets some too.
    How can you say no to those eyes?

* Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your significant other.
    Yeah sure, I want to know if the dogs stools are firm.

* You are the only idiot walking in the pouring rain because your dog needs his walk.
    Nope... if the weather is bad they have a couch day!

* You send birthday, anniversary and Christmas cards from your dog.
    They get birthday and Christmas presents.

* You like people who like your dogs. You despise people who don't.
    Funny how that works huh?

* You lecture people on responsible dog ownership every chance you get.
    Of coarse.

* You keep eating even though you find a dog hair in your pasta.
    It's not dog hair if it's in food, it's a condiment!

* You carry dog biscuits in your pockets all the time.
    Nah but quite a few trips are made to the cupboard daily.

* You talk about your dogs like other people talk about their kids.
    What you talkin' about, they are my kids?

* You have your dog pictures on your office desk. (but no one else's).
    The only framed photo in our whole house is a big one of the dogs.

* Your license plate or license plate frame mentions your dogs.
    No, but if it did my partner would never drive it, ever again.

* You match your furniture, carpet and clothes to your dog.
    Hmmm... black and white furniture... black and white dogs.
    Red cushions... red collars... oops.

The American Bloodhound Club Bulletin Spring 1996
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:51 PM
    Holy cow!

You're getting pretty revealing there, shazmataz! Much so like I'm getting revealing with my health things!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:55 PM

Hehe... yeah I found that list while I was browsing at some dog poem sites and thought I might as well answer them myself along with posting :D

It's scary how true most of it is!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:57 PM
    I can identify with a lot of them because where I house and dog sit, I have to take care of three dogs.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 03:56 AM

They forgot the one about arranging the furniture so that the dogs have plenty of play room when it's nasty outside. :D
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 05:25 AM

How about,you can give out to your dog but god help anyone else who does.

You put your hands/arms at risk by rooting in a ditch for a ball,so the dog does not get hurt.

The pup chews someone's favourite shoes,you take the flak and say you did it.
    Marriage Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    the pup chews someones favourite shoes,you take the flak and say you did it.
    20 years after the fact, I still don't think Cats has believed that one. :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    20 years after the fact, I still don't think Cats has believed that one. :)
    They were my favorite dang shoes! :mad:
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 08:53 AM

I'm guilty of rearranging the furniture for the dogs :o
    They can't play ball properly with the coffee table in the middle of the room now can they?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2010, 04:52 PM

Dog hair as a condiment? Never thought of it that way... hmmmm.

They forgot the one about turning on the electric blanket when you're out of your bed so your dog can snuggle under the covers in luxury. I do this so the Dink can luxuriate under the heating blanket for hours on end. She really gets miffed when I come back and try to get back in bed to watch TV after she "thinks" I got out of bed for the day!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 07:03 PM

I don't send birthday, anniversary, or Christmas cards. I wondered where all the stamps went.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Dog hair as a condiment? Never thought of it that way...... hmmmm.

They forgot the one about turning on the electric blanket when you're out of your bed so your dog can snuggle under the covers in luxury. I do this so the Dink can luxuriate under the heating blanket for hours on end. She really gets miffed when I come back and try to get back in bed to watch tv after she "thinks" I got out of bed for the day!!
    Haha, V gets a dirty look from Brody when he gets into bed because he has to move over :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 10:08 PM

How did I miss this? :(

How about giving your dog your partners sock because he's giving you a sad look? I've given new socks. R is not happy with me.

Shoes, I do it all the time. They're not always old shoes.

Jasper and Chewy both sleep on the bed and I make room for them, not the other way around. Maybe that's why I'm so tired.
    Marriage Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 05:25 AM
    The puppy messes up your hair-do with no time to fix it. You claim you have a new hairstylist. Chloe has a very interesting idea of what is 'in style'.
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 10:24 AM

Jasper and Indy both like the taste of lotion. I put lotion on after a shower and I have to run away from them. They will actually pin me down in order to lick it off.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 10:42 AM

I leave the radio on for the pups when I am gone... if it's on a talk radio or rap station, I always make sure to change it to classic rock, because 'I am sure' that is what they prefer.:)
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I leave the radio on for the pups when I am gone....if it's on a talk radio or rap station, i always make sure to change it to classic rock, because 'I am sure' that is what they prefer.:)
    My dogs like this song;

YouTube - Tokio Hotel - Dogs Unleashed Live HQ
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Jasper and Indy both like the taste of lotion. I put lotion on after a shower and I have to run away from them. They will actually pin me down in order to lick it off.
    I resemble that remark
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    i resemble that remark
    You like lotion? ;)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You like lotion? ;)
    Jus' saying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you a cat person or a dog person? [ 91 Answers ]

I just was interested in how many people on here had pets. If you do, what species? Did you get them at a breeder or a shelter? What breeds? What do they look like? Do you have pics?:D

Why dog walks with only one person [ 1 Answers ]

My small schnoodle will not go for a walk with anyone but me, why? He will plant his feet and pull if my husband tries to walk him. If I am with them, he is fine. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

View more questions Search