Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadam23 Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Feb 12, 2010, 10:16 PM
    Ever had enough of talking to a brick wall?
    I recently reconcilied with my husband and we have been off and on for about 5 years into our marriage. I try my best to communicate with him. I try and have the patience enough to listen to what he says but most of the time it amounts to nothing done! I always feel like I'm talking to a brick wall! We plan so many things but after all has been said... "no action is takin!"
    I've kicked him out three or four times before and now I'm sort of regreting taking him back again, we now have three children together and I always try to stay positive but even that doesn't seem to help. He has no respect for anyone and is still selfish! His toys come before his own family , we've even been to councilling, I'm ready to give it all up! I wanted to go back to school so we could get some better income to take care of our family and have even had advice from my parents (which I'm not quite sure is very useful as sometimes I think it makes things worse!) I think that if we broke up long time ago I would've graduated from University long time ago, and that I would be quite happy on my own, although I do agree that it would effect my children, that is the whole reason why I am ready and willing to try again and even if I am doing something wrong that's fine, I am always open to being wrong and trying to make them right so my family can be happy!Some advice would be great!
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 12, 2010, 11:12 PM

I read your previous post about going back to school too. We have a lot in common in regards to children, a sick child, school, and the brick wall. My solution was to go to online school... did you say you are going into nursing? You can get a B.A. online and worry about the clinical when the time comes.

Secondly, forget about talking to the dude and letting it bother you. Get invested into your studies--online being the best with a sick child. Make sure it is approved by licensing. Then, get yourself a therapist, and learn to live on your own, even if you are living with him. When you establish that you can be independent with your schooling, therapist, and a hobby, then you won't stress out as much. Just resolve yourself to the fact that he is not going to change and make yourself happy so that your kids will be happy.

P.S. I'll be happy to have a pen pal with someone who also has a child that has practically lived in the hospital... maybe we can stay in touch with private messages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romex through brick wall [ 2 Answers ]

I want to add an outlet on the exterior of my house. Can I run romex directly through a brick wall with no conduit to an exterior receptical that would be mounted over the hole the wire ran through? Thanks in advance for any information submitted.

Want to brick wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I'm trying to remove paint form my kitchen wall to have just a brick wall,how do I do that?thanks.:confused::confused:

Refinishing a brick wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have pulled the lathe and plaster off the brick wall and want to clean and finish the brick. Any suggestions for the easiest cleaning and what to coat it with?

Military brick wall [ 6 Answers ]

I need help... my husband's family asked me to search for the family of his father. The man was quite the storyteller and I have had quite a time trying to prove his stories as truth or fiction. I have hit a brick wall... My FIL served in the Army during WW2 and his records were allegedly lost...

Wiring in a brick wall? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be adding outlets to walls that are brick covered in plaster. I know that I can remove the plaster and "carve" into the brick to add the outlets. What do I use to cut into the brick? What kind of wire do I need to use in this wall so that it is safe to recover it with bonding agent...

View more questions Search