Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelbabyy24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 09:05 PM
    I need help on becoming a musician!
    Hello. I am 13 years old and my dream is to be a musician. I love singing more than anything. I know it sounds crazy but I would like to become a professional musician before I turn 15. And I don't just mean singing at coffee shops and stuff like that. I mean like Taylor Swift professional. I just started teaching myself guitar. I have learned 3 chords so far. For about a year, I sung in the shower and when I was by myself and my voice got stronger. I'm still not that comfortable singing in front of people but I think I am willing to try anything. I write my own songs although I'm not entirely sure how good they are. My mom found some of my personal poems and showed them to my dad and sister. My parents said that they would be really good songs. And my dad told my mom that I will be the next Taylor Swift. I'm not sure about that, but of course I was flattered. Anyway, it kills me every time I think of singing in front of people and living out my dream because I have no idea how to make it happen. My family isn't exactly rich so we can't really afford me making a demo or getting an agent and things like that. If anyone has read this, I really do appreciate it and I would really love some ideas on cheap ways that I can get noticed and get my dream to come true. I have already tried contacting Big Machine Records, the record company that Taylor Swift is signed to. I went to their website and sent them an email. Im not sure if it worked though. Please, tell my your ideas and tips. I really appreciate your time and effort. Thank you! (:
    P.S I'm so sorry my question is so long! (:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
    Hi, rachelbabyy24!

So, you want to be a professional musician? It took me many years to develop what I do to be a professional musician.

Please read my profile.

If you would like to write back and forth on this thread about what it takes and what you need to do, please let me know on this thread.

Being a professional musician takes a lot of work and dedication. Doing so, doesn't mean that you'll be recognized on a global or national level. But, you can potentially be recognized on a local level, which could lead to larger recognition.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does one become a musician? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have great love for music and I believe I have a strong talent and good ear. I have bought a piano and a guitar, and I've learned to read 8 octaves sight reading in just about a month, but only at 40bpm, but I'm sure it will get better with time. I am currently at age 22, I have...

Struggling musician! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, Im a singer living in West Palm Beach and I have written tons of songs and lyrics and really want to get in the studio, make some demos and get out there. Would anyone know about the first steps to getting that done? Or even suggest the right kind of studios to look into?

Musician no one knows about [ 3 Answers ]

I make music. I play it, record it, and produce it myself on my little laptop (with the help of garageband). Of course they be my friends and family, but everyone who has listened to my music has only given me compliments galore. They tell me to get my music out there, that I could be somebody,...

Name of Country Musician [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the blind country singer who sang a song called "Love and War"? He would have been in the era with Johnny Paycheck, Ray Charles, Glen Campbell? Thanks for your input.

Musician boyfriend [ 29 Answers ]

Hello, my boyfriend is a musician and I am seriously considering leaving him because of his job, I am not sure if my decision is rational, I have a self esteem problem which, I have eating disorder which I am getting help for but I still feel very vulnerable and I can not stand the environment I...

View more questions Search