Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
    GE Refrig/Freezer leaking from Ice Maker
    We have a GE side-by-side, and the icemaker has begun to leak all over the back and into the bottom. It then all freezes over and becomes a glacier. I ran down the problem, but cannot fiqure out why it's doing what it is. When you utilize the water dispenser on the door, it causes the water to begin running into the icemaker portion. This then overflows and wa la the Glacier! What is going on?:confused:
    LancerEvo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
    DEK, you just described my situation. I had someone use the water dispenser on the door, and I get 120V AC on the two terminals for the solenoid that supplys water to it. As I had someone continuously use the water dispenser, I checked the voltage on the solenoid that services the ice maker. I measured 2.9 V AC. I wonder if that is enough voltage to open up the solenoid and allow a little water into the freezer compartment. With that little amount, it would freeze in seconds. As this continues, the plastic fill tube for the ice maker gets blocked with ice, and when it comes time to fully allow water into the ice maker, it splashes all over (glacier) the inside of the freezer. I don't have a troublshooting manual for my fridge "GE TFX24JWA AA"

I see your post was back in 2006, I wonder if you found a solution,or simply replaced the entire fridge.

Not really an answer, but I hope it helps someone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore refrigerator who's ice maker has stopped making ice. It is only 1 yr old. I have changed the filter and still no ice. Any clues?

Ice maker won't eject [ 1 Answers ]

I have a freezer-mounted Whirlpool icemaker(Part #4317943). It was new 4 months ago and, for the past 4 months, has been working normally. Now, what seems to be happening is that it fills normally, but the ice is not being pushed out, Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Foxden

Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

My icemaker in freezer of ref. quit working. I checked the arm and it seems to be OK. Any ideas on troubleshooting unit appreciated.

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search