Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prelude1974 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 10:59 AM

Do you know if a 92 prelude has a dedicated fuse? And if so where it would be located?

I'm hoping that it does have a fuse and pulling it should do the trick.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 11:03 AM

Sorry, I don't know. It's likely in the under dash fuse box, however, if it has one.

Apr 23, 2010, 11:35 AM

Ok thanks, will have a look to see if there is one.

What would be the best course of action if it does not have a dedicated fuse?
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 12:11 PM

Possibly buy a solar charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Apr 23, 2010, 12:34 PM

Having checked the service/repair manual I can see that in the underhood fuse/relay panel there is a fuse (15 Amp) which is marked as "Power Door Lock Control Unit", so hopefully pulling this should do the trick.
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 01:16 PM

That would be great.

Apr 25, 2010, 07:58 AM

Well I pulled the underhood fuse marked as "Power Door Lock Control Unit" and tried to jump the car but no luck, as with the fuse out for some reason the car was not getting any power and would not jump start??

Put the fuse back in, jump started the car and it started. Took it for a 10 min ride, came back and switched off engine and then pulled out the fuse. Tried to re-start the car, this time with the fuse out and the car started. So hopefully this has resolved the problem.

Will see what happens over the next few days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1998 Honda Prelude won't start.AGAIN! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Prelude DOHC VtEC that I just bought with about 97000 miles on it. I was with the guy that sold it to me when the timing belt broke. I got it checked and replaced the timing belt and water pump. He advised me of the ever so popular problem with the main relay. I replaced...

Honda Prelude willnt start after being turned off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Honda prelude and just lately I have come across a problem, it starts first time every time even on freezing cold mornings, but once I turn the car off for a short period like at a petrol station or at the shops it doesn't want to stop just keeps stalling and once it finally starts I...

Honda prelude won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 honda prelude it turns over but won't start changed the ecm new plugs cap roter and wires the main relay seems to be working it clicks when I turn the key to the on position the check engine light is not showing any codes it just stay on please help I am lost

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is hot outside [ 1 Answers ]

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is warm outside but no problems when it is cold (-26). I had this car for 13 years and it always worked. In the last couple of years, it starts right away when it is cold outside but not if it's warm outside(32+). Most times, I can push start it ( manual...

1991 Honda Prelude check engine light comes on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My 1991 prelude "check engine" light comes up when I start the car in very cold mornings, when I turn the car off and turn it back on after that, the light goes off. Could someone please let me know what's the problem with that? Thank you, very much!

View more questions Search