Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drewammons Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
    How do I install a tub drain in existing concrete floor?
    We are finishing our basement. Our home is 110 years old. The basement used to be dirt floor but in the 40's it got concreted. At some point a water closet existed because there is a toilet drain and sink drain and vent. We want to add a clawfoot tub a urinal, sink and toilet.There is no drain for the tub. I realize the floor will have to be cut to add the drain.

Here is a photo of the sink drain/vent tree. I am wondering if I can tie the urinal into this tree as well as the sink?

Here is a photo of the toilet drain.

Would I cut the floor and tie the Tub drain into this drain? I don't know if the toilet uses the same vent as the sink did.

Another photo of a line in the floor that was capped off.

I wonder if it is a vent. I have put the garden hose in it and can see water running through the clean-out in the basement.

Or I could run my tub drain to the line that drains the upstairs bathroom and laundry room(below)

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I am a fairly adept DIYer however I'm inexperienced with this type of plumbing.
    oneplumber Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:11 PM

Looks to me like you need a plumber to come to your house and help sort this out.

One plumber
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 03:51 PM

Hi all...

Pretty sure we can figure this out... ;)

Drew... check which plumbing code prevails in your area and let us know... OK?

Also, see if you can remove/cut off the cap and let us know what you find under it. Be sure to plug it off as we work through this.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install a tub drain and overflow in a concrete slab? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are having a hard time getting the tub drain and overflow to line up properly. The tread on the fittings are getting crossed all the time. We have to constantly replace the fittings. This is for a new concrete house. The plumbing is in the walls and concrete slab under the floor....

Basement washer drain connection to existing floor drain [ 10 Answers ]

I am on city service. I would like to connect my basement washer drain into the existing floor drain (3" line). I cut the line about 3 feet down from floor trap and installed a 3x2inch y. This existing floor drain takes a 45 turn about 6" down from where I cut it. The 2 inch will drain the washer ....

How to install a new drain/flange for a shower in a concrete basement floor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement that I am building a bathroom in. The floor in the basement is concrete, however the builder did install the PVC pipes in the cement floor so that the bathroom & plumbing is ready to be finishied. My question deals with how to install the shower draain so that it...

Install a toilet in existing concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

How far do I go out from the exterior wall? What do I cut the concrete with? Thanks!!

Using existing tub drain line in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new whirlpool tub in place of an existing conventional tub. The old sink drain terminates into a concrete slab. The new sink drain will be at least 2 feet from the old. What are my options? Is there anyway of tieing in the new drain into the old drain without taking up all the...

View more questions Search