Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khushi005 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 08:01 AM
    How to convince parents for inter caste marriage
    Hi everyone... I am in prob... hope that you guys can help me... I belong to jatt sikh family and m in love with lubana boy(same religion bt nt same caste).I live here in India and he and his whole family lives in USA.My parents are looking a match for me from the same community.How can I convince thm that I want to marry guy of my choice.Now boy's parents are cuming to india and they are willing to come to meet my parents... tell me the best way with which I can convince my parents for inter cast marriage.Please help me... v gt very less tym...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 08:35 AM

I am sorry, but this is something you will have to deal with yourself. You are the only one who knows the personality of your parents, and your religious issues. If they don't want you to marry this person, then they probably have a very good reason not to allow it.

Tick

Feb 25, 2010, 05:58 AM

I don't know what to do... my parents are saying they will look for that guy only if they can't find out match for me with in our community... so now tell me what should I do?should I say to all d boys that I like someone else... or you guys can suggest me something better... Help...
    pavana1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2010, 11:15 PM
    Simply say no to all guys your parents show to you.. then they won't get a match for you then they ll make your marry with whom you want to.

Mar 13, 2010, 08:43 AM

OK I'll try that... I hope this may work for me... thanx pavana1
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Speak to your parents - I don't know what your relationship with them is like or how 'fixed' the traditional arrangements are.

All I can suggest is that you have the conversation with them and let them know you'd like to be the one to choose.

In the end it all depends on how strongly they object to you marrying someone from a different caste.
    question4321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Do one thg , introduce that guy as your frd. After some time try to show his + points in front of parents. Then at last inform them the fact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding Inter caste marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm vaishali, I belong to brahmin hindu family and I love a boy who belongs to hindu caste but fall in schdule caste. He is well settled but how we convience our parents on inter caste especially about schdule caste marriage. Kindly give me suggestion what I have to do now?

Is this Inter-caste marriage? Can it happen? Share your exp. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a very generalized question. I belong to NAIDU caste, KAMMA NAIDU specifically. My friend is also NAIDU caste but BALIJA NAIDU. If we both marry, will it be called inter-caste marriage? (as we are marring inside NAIDU caste.) And, on an average, how often does this type of...

How to convince parents for love marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a brahmin girl and I am in love with a khayasth boy since 3 years but my parents are not ready for it and every time behaving like I am the most bad girl in country and always said that if I will not marry with a brahmin guy they will suicide due to social factor because I am from a...

Convince Parents on Inter-caste marriage? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Friends, Hope you would be able to help me with this... I am a Hindu Brahman guy in love with a girl and I have 2 problems... 1) she is a couple of months elder to me 2) she is non-brahmin... my brother loved and married a gal within the same caste (couple of months elder to him).. my parents...

View more questions Search