Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolindus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 07:56 AM
    I tried to remove the cartridge with broken stem with screw driver and replaced it wi
    I tried to remove cartridge with broken off stem with much difficulty,I finally pried it out with a screw driver.I replaced it with new cartridge,but after opening for vave for water to come out the water leaks out and drips.what can I do to stop it.

Thanks,
    Don
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 12, 2010, 08:20 AM

What's the brand name of the valve? How old is it? Where does it leak from? The stem or the spout? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to remove the inside driver panel to replace the driver window switch 2003 exp [ 0 Answers ]

Want to remove the inside driver panel to replace window power switch on for 2003 explorer xlt

Shower Cartridge replacement halted due to stripped screw set. [ 2 Answers ]

Need assistance! I am in the process of replacing a shower cartridge but this project has been halted at it's first step removing the handle to obtain access to the cartridge. I have tried various things all of which has had the unfortunate event of stripping the screw set head so that there isn't...

Drainage from cartridge stem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had the cartridge replaced in my shower to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but after taking a shower, water drains out of the tip of the cartridge stem. I verified this by temporarily sealing the shower head. When covered, water stops draining from the cartidge stem and continues when...

Screw driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electrition's screw driver, hand powered, 7 two sided hexigonal bits, (making 14 tips) that I would like to get more of. The bits rest in the end that pulls out and will seat up in the interior of the handle. When you pull the end in or out, it sounds almost hydrolic. The butt of the...

View more questions Search