Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Feb 12, 2010, 12:50 AM
    I'm worn out by by walk with Christ
    Not sure if I can carry on with the lord what should I do.
    wynndixie2010 Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Feb 12, 2010, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthAfricacute View Post
    Not sure if I can carry on with the lord what should I do.
    HI SAC,
    Quite a question! Listen... there's an old saying... WWJD?
    Ever seen it? What Would Jesus Do?
    I know nothing of your particulars, but as a long-time believer in the Good Lord... I can tell you that we ALL have those times in our lives. Here's the good news... you MUST be living with the Holy Spirit, and Jesus MUST be in your heart, as our common adversary, Satan, knows when we're most weak, and that's when the attacks are strongest.
    There's a verse in the Bible: Greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world. You hear that before? In essence, there is nothing that we
    Cannot overcome, provided we are on the Lord's side... its all about faith. Something we all sorely lack most of the time. And what is the MOST powerful option we have as simple, weak humans? Prayer... there is nothing better for us... God made the entire universe at His spoken word... and all that we see and hear came into being at His will... so tell me, is your problem too much for Him to handle? You and I both know the answer to that question!
    We live in a world quickly turning away from Jesus... do not be part of that turning away. Remember where your heart is, and there is your reward also. Don't forget, He's coming back for us in the VERY near future... Imagine what it would be like to be left behind because your faith and strength faltered now...

I'll keep you in my prayers...
    If I see you here again... I'll be glad to keep in touch if you care...

GP in Me.
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2010, 08:14 AM

It's hard to tell what your situation is, but some advice I've gotten in situations when I've felt at the end of my rope was don't be afraid to share the load, sometimes it can be hard to say no when it seems like God is asking for something, but it's really other people. Don't let other people's desires for what you should do overshadow God's desires for you to do what he made you to do.

It might be good for you to postpone some commitments and meditate on what God's purpose for your life is. When there are questions there, it's much easier to accept burdens you don't need, because you are not yet focused on the right ones.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:37 PM

SouthAfricacute,
    One of the things the bibles says we must do to be saved it to persevere to the end.
    To do that we must pray for strength aid from God.
    God will not give you a chore that is beyond your ability with His help.
    So though you may think that you are at the end of your rope you really are not.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 13, 2010, 09:59 AM

Reading for your inspiration.

1 Cor 10:13
    13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    (KJV)

Heb 2:16-18
    16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
    (KJV)

Heb 4:15-16
    15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
    (KJV)

James 1:13-15
    13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
    14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
    (KJV)

Maranatha
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 10:13 AM

IT is always one day at a time and one choice at a time. The world often makes other choices seem great, the in thing to do, And often following Christ , now as back in the time of Christ, we are often seemed wrong, not living in today's age, and more. But it is a journey, as Paul listed it as a race that we run. And also called Battle that we go though,
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 10:39 AM

Get down on your knees and ask God for the strength for just one hour. In an hour do it again. Repeat until you feel you can stretch it to two hours. I have been in that position where my wife was laying in a hospital bed dyeing, my MIL in another bed with a broken hip and no job. It can be done.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2010, 11:00 PM

SouthAfricacute,
    You have receive some marvelous posts with which all who read them can benefit.
    Thanks for asking your question.
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Feb 16, 2010, 05:22 PM
    "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be
    afraid." John 14:27 The Lord spoke to us and we can receive it, if
    We believe it. When tense or restless sit quietly and allow these
    Words and other uplifting scripture to pass unhindered through
    Your thoughts. Conceive of them as spreading a healing balm throughout
    Your mind.
    "Renew a right spirit within me" Ps 51:10
    "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28
    "Lean on Me", He says, work My method, or My way. "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."
    Practice believing that even as you pray you are receiving God's
    Boundless blessings and they will come to you. Believe and receive!
    Renew your mind and thinking By believing in God's Word.
    Get a book of "God's Promises" and think on how good our God is.

May you be blessed by God's Word. Maggie 3
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Feb 16, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Hi there,
    May I ask what exactly it is that is burdening you? What aspect of the Christian walk are you struggling with? Is it one thing or several things? Please share if you feel comfortable... I think it would help you to read how others overcame the struggles you are experiencing. That always helps me.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 08:41 PM

Maggie 3,
    Very good.
    Thanks much.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you know who you are in Christ? [ 11 Answers ]

It is worth your time.Don't miss this one! OpenHeaven.com - Lance Wallnau - The Fusion Experience

Worn teeth [ 2 Answers ]

Why has my teeth rotten at the back?

Can Engagement rings be worn always? [ 23 Answers ]

I just proposed to my girlfriend last night and she said yes. I have never been more happier. Anyway, Can they be worn always? Like to sleep or what? I don't know what is normal. Do most women take them off when they go to sleep? It just doesn't seem normal to me, but if anyone can help it would be...

Worn Out Carpets [ 3 Answers ]

I moved into my apartment 12 years ago and the owner, at that time, put wall to wall carpeting in my apartment. The building has been bought and sold three times since then. The carpet was very "cheap" and after 12 years it is worn, dirty and is stretching in many places. Is the present owner...

Pre-Teen worn out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12-year old son who is an athlete (football, basketball, track, etc.). He is in great physical shape. We have noticed that if he goes for about three or four days, non-stop (practices and games combined), he gets stomach cramps and ends up having to miss a day of school. We know...

View more questions Search