Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    the505man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Started way to fast, no want friends for now
    Back in November, met this woman who is going to school and also works night. We hit it off very well, became more and more infatuated with each other to the point we were telling each other how we were starting to feel with each other. Then in mid January, we did wind up having sex. Then things got a little strange. A few days later she said that things were going to fast and I did talk to her and she calmed down some. We didn't have sex after that. Then about a week and a half later, she started asking me a lot of quesitons about sex and what I like and I was honest and she was honest with me. Saw her a few days later, no sex, but cuddling, then the following Sunday, she would like to be friend for now due to stress of work and school. She said that she really does like me, doesn't want to lose me and regardless of her feelings can't have a relationship right now. Do you think she is having a commitment issue, is it the stress of all that, or trying to be nice and let me go? We still talk a lot, and she does say things about meeting people and such, so guess I'm fairly confused. She did have a 5 year relationship that the guy never wanted to get married then another that viewed her as a baby factory for him. How can I show that I'm not that and I do want to get married and have a family? I haven't been jumping up and down wanting to get her to see me all the time or doing things all the time. Should I keep showing her that I do care for her and be respectful and nice and learn about her as a friend first, or is this short relationship just that, short term?
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 11, 2010, 06:43 PM

She told you she can't have a relationship right now, so that is where it is. It was a short-term relationship, that's all. It's over. Don't overanalyze "why" she can't be in it. If it confuses you and you want more out of what she can give, just go no contact and be on your way. You will also find plenty of advice from what others have been through (just like you) in the relationship section. You will see that going no contact is most prevalent to clear your mind.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 11:27 AM

You can date, and have fun, as its to soon for the serious stuff you want, but you can get to know each other better.

I caution you that always being hopeful for sex, or a commitment, may make things quite awkward, and disappointing though. As long as your having fun getting to know each other, and not get carried away by your own feelings, then that's okay.

The biggest thing is however we always want more, and get too attached, because we never have enough things going to balance our lives out.

We get consumed by the one we are dating. That's why my rule for single guys is,
    Talaniman Rule-Date them all, fat short, skinny, or tall. 18-80, blind cripple or crazy.

This rule require you to be honest with yourself, and the ones you date, that its just for fun and good times.

If you can't do that, back off. Just be friends. She isn't comfortable with what you want right now, so don't get so deeply involved you get carried away, and make this messy.
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 12, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Well what was said in the conversation about sex? Why did the sex turn her off? If the sex turned her away, I think we are missing the most valuable information here

K I am not sure how to edit my last post, but I see there is lots of young users in this forum.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 12, 2010, 01:56 PM

Dynocompe, there should be a blue edit button in the middle of your previous post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

I eat sandwiches daily thinking it's not fast food, IS IT fast food and is it bad me? [ 6 Answers ]

Lunch is almost always homemade Ham/Turkey and cheese with lettuce, onions, etc sandwiches. The bread I use is the simple sliced sandwich bread(Sara Lee or other). Is it that bad?? I'm 30 and I do plenty of exercise and eat overall healthy

When we started the furnace this year, it started, turned it off now it won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

It was working great, we turned the furnace in the off position on the wall, and now it won't start! I've reset the breakers over and over, even waited an hour, thinking time was of the essence... still won't come on. Old units: Luxaire inside unit Model ECC030GKA, Kenmore outside unit Model...

Is it wrong to be friends that fast [ 1 Answers ]

We all know about Facebook friends , etc. But is it wrong to trust someone off the interent Like internet dating and Facebook friendsz and stuff. For me, a lot of the friends I have in front of me don't give good advice Or just aren't alwayz there, then there are the few friends online Just...

View more questions Search