Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommaof3fl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 10:37 AM
    How can my husband adopt my daughter in Florida if I don't know her biological father
    Hi. My husband want to adopt my daughter. A little history... I was 15 when I got pregnant and made a lot of mistakes I do not know who her father is. My husband has been her father since she was 1. We are married and have 2 other children. Can he adopt her ( she is 9 now & disabled)? Thanks forany ino.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 12:00 PM

It is easy and hard to be done...
    He may adopt her but you have to be ready for troubles if the BF appears...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 12:36 PM

The court may require you to try and to find out who the father is. Either by listing the fathers or by having to publish the adoption as service.

The courts will have their rules as to what type of search is going to be required

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent biological father-my husband wants to adopt my daughter [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is six years old and will be seven this march. Her biological father has never neeb in her life nor has ever paid child support. My husband has been the only father my daughter knows. He would like to adopt her and we are wondering if I need to try and find her absent father to give up...

My husband wants to adopt. Can't find biological father. What do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten remarried and my husband wants to adopt my two children. Their biological father has not had much to do with them since 20003 and is almost 15,000 dollars behind in child support. The addresses he gave the court during the last divorce hearing are false. How can my new husband serve...

Can my husband adopt my daughter her biological father was never around [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has raise my daughter since she was days old we were married when she was about 4months his the only father in her life the biological father took off after he found out I was pregnant she has my last name and is starting school next year we both would really like her to had our last...

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

Can my husband adopt can't find biological father [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my child if the biological father is nowhere to be found?

View more questions Search